• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper / Hurney comments about Rhule's hire

Mr. Scot

as much as i’d like to pin this all on hurney, tepper is just as responsible (if not more responsible bc he holds the golden pen and signs off on everything) for what now appears to be a boneheaded hire that set this organization back several years. 

…furthermore, the day he declared that it’s going to take 5 or so years for the team to be competitive, he doomed us all to experience the current product that’s on the field. it’s hard enough to contend in the NFL when you’re actually trying. it’s almost impossible to contend when you’re resigning yourself as an owner to compulsory mediocrity.

• Pie 1

Not going to lie. I was happy with the Rhule hire. It was between him and Stefanski for me.

Like I stated in another thread, I hated the staff his put together and it proved to be valid. They’re all clueless. I haven’t seen anyone get better since we drafted them.

But I can’t discredit his drafts. He has shown an eye for talent. Sure, he drafted a LS and went all defense in another but no one is perfect in the draft.

Everyone preaches BPA so we can’t all burn him for the Brown & Horn picks. A lot of you were slurpers at the time.

But yes, burn him at the stakes for green lighting Irving & Eflein the 1st day of FA, not playing BC & Brown & for even remotely thinking this OL needed minimum work.

Also burn the body again to make sure he is not a witch for his QB evaluations. They’ve been downright horrendous and have set us back tremendously.

With that said & I hope that I am wrong, I think he gets another year. He’s been stubborn to this point but unfortunately he is getting introduced to the big boy leagues. We need to hope he learns or at least dedicates this offseason to the OL so when the next HC comes in he only has to focus on a QB.

My immediate reaction when the news of Rhule's hiring broke was "Okay?!" 😕

Was pretty disappointed up front that we didn't go ahead and at least interview McDaniels. FYI: Word is he's heating up as a candidate again this cycle and some folks expect he'll get a job this time around (not from us, of course).

Where I really cringed was when the stories that are quoted in the OP came out. Made me immediately think of an elderly or mentally challenged person listening to a bombastic sales pitch, falling for it hook line and sinker and wanting to sign on the dotted line immediately.

Buuuut like I have with plenty of other decisions I disagreed with, I did my best to get on board. And at least for a year or so, it looked like it was going to be okay.

Damn, did things go to hell quick though 😖

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1