• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule says Darnold will start Sunday

trueblade

7 hours ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

I’m not sure if you’ve been watching but the team has been putrid, there’s not a qb in the nfl that would have had a winning record with what we’ve collectively put on the field the last 5 weeks. 

half these post there’s zero context, I mean the guy played a game without a fg unit, in which if we had said fg unit we might have actually won 

These mfs and thier false narratives are being exposed more than females in a "girls gone wild" video. Not that I've watched one or anything.

Edited by Silent Majority
  • The D 1
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, CRA said:

Peppers statiscally might be the GOAT by a fair margin as is....if you look at the position from a well rounded aspect.   Because he is top 5 in basically everything.   The others aren't. 

I can see your point. It's valid.

But on the other hand since Deacon Jones entered the league putting QBs on the ground has been the main (not only) measuring stick even if it wasn't an official stat.

10 hours ago, X-Clown said:

It’s so stupid because Jake himself would admit that Cam was a far better QB than him. But some guys like Catsfan see a lot of their self in the plucky aw shucks underdog without as much natural talent and can’t identify with the confident strong guy who goes against their stereotypes of what a QB “should be”. You can tell where they are going as soon as they start throwing out win/loss records as an individual stat but somehow discounting being MVP of the entire league.

Almost guaranteed this guy would have been more comfortable with Derek Anderson than Cam in his prime. You will continue to see this when potential QBs are discussed this off season, they don’t want any QB who isn’t a pocket statue because they’re “less accurate” and “can’t read a defense” and will immediately compare every QB that fits that mold to Brady even though he is the exception rather than the rule in this day and age.

Preach.

Also Jake has repeatedly said Cam is the best QB to ever suit up for Carolina. He literally said it again on the radio broadcast Sunday.

16 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Well he was. Jake was a much better passer. Doesn't he still hold a Superbowl record?

But there is only 1 person on the planet who thinks current Cam is better than prime Jake.

Jake and Cam were just different QBs. That SB comeback by Jake was a thing of beauty to behold though and if it hadn't been for the shank kickoff that Lombardi could very well have ended up in Charlotte. 

• Pie 1

34 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Well he was. Jake was a much better passer. Doesn't he still hold a Superbowl record?

But there is only 1 person on the planet who thinks current Cam is better than prime Jake.

As mentioned a million times, passing the ball isn't the only thing a QB does. But even then, just because Jake is less athletic than Cam, it doesn't automatically make him a better passer. If he's "much better" than why is Cam's career completion percentage, passing TD to INT ratio better, and yards per attempt identical? And that is not even factoring what Cam brings to the table with his ability to scramble.

Edited by X-Clown

11 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Really? Cam’s performance was affected by not having a FG unit? Please tell me how. I love Cam and I was excited to see him come back, but if you can’t see that he’s not our prior Cam then you are holding on to hope, not actually watching him. It sucks to say this because he’s not that old QB wise. As a pocket passer, unless he has some miraculous nanobot surgery that turns his shoulder back a decade, he’s done. He’s still crazy good as a runner, that’s it, which is why I said Taysom Hill pre-2021. 

"but if you can’t see that he’s not our prior Cam..."

I keep seeing you all say this. Who is making this argument? Where are they saying he is? 

• Flames 1

11 hours ago, X-Clown said:

It’s so stupid because Jake himself would admit that Cam was a far better QB than him. But some guys like Catsfan see a lot of their self in the plucky aw shucks underdog without as much natural talent and can’t identify with the confident strong guy who goes against their stereotypes of what a QB “should be”. You can tell where they are going as soon as they start throwing out win/loss records as an individual stat but somehow discounting being MVP of the entire league.

Almost guaranteed this guy would have been more comfortable with Derek Anderson than Cam in his prime. You will continue to see this when potential QBs are discussed this off season, they don’t want any QB who isn’t a pocket statue because they’re “less accurate” and “can’t read a defense” and will immediately compare every QB that fits that mold to Brady even though he is the exception rather than the rule in this day and age.

I see that nonsense so much on fan comments across the interwebs comparing Cam and Brady. A couple of weeks ago when Saints pitched shut out and Brady was cussing out coaches, refs, other players someone posted a gif of Cam falling after a missed field goal. The caption was "I'd still take over this guy any day". Another was when we resigned Cam, some old chick put "he's no Tom Brady". 

What these morons don't care to analyze are the same reasons we hate guys like Brady. The entire league has changed the day Brady's knee was hurt on a routine tackle. The league mandated we are going to protect our franchise QBs and subsequently till this day you can't touch Brady. We had to watch Cam get absolutely ear holed over and over and over to open 2016 season against the team we lost to in the championship. And Brady has never had to play that opener in his career and he's been to what nine more SuPEr Bowls than Cam. 

Brady is the outlier because no one will have that weak ass garbage excuse of a division, a coach that blatantly cheats, a league that's on board, and the owner/QB/Coach connection for twenty years in the history of the National Football League ever again. 

When people don't acknowledge these things when talking about Brady, I know who I'm dealing with immediately.

• Flames 1

38 minutes ago, Silent Majority said:

"but if you can’t see that he’s not our prior Cam..."

I keep seeing you all say this. Who is making this argument? Where are they saying he is? 

Check who he's been quoting...

10 hours ago, rippadonn said:

No question. If we had a coach that could put that lightning in a bottle 2022 Cam could be superior to 2015 Cam and we could dominate with THAT guy.

Granted, we're not talking about somebody with a firm grip on reality, but yeah, he said it.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 1