• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold likely starting again for last few games

Saca312

4 minutes ago, KillaCamNewton said:

Youre not wrong. And Sam is like 24 years old and is as physically gifted as all but a select few QBs in the league. He’s accurate, has a strong arm, and is athletic. All his problems are between the ears. At least with a good coach and an OLine that made him more confident there could be something there. Rhule wasnt wrong that Sam could be a huge reward project with the right coaching, he was just wrong thinking he was the “right coaching”

on the other hand you have Cam who is past his prime and would need a bionic shoulder to get through a season

At 24, it’s unlikely his “problem between the ears” is going to fixed.

Practice and repetition will only do so much, it’s a different animal when you have to go full speed and your thinking window goes from 8 seconds to 3 seconds.

Not to mention, trying to fix Sam “between the ears” should have been done in college, not when he’s playing against the best football players in the world.

Sometimes, guys just don’t have it… and that’s okay.

Panthers QBs can't get out of their own way...........they matter not in who starts or what happens with this oline and the overall play of the team and its coaching staff strategy.

I'm inclined to think at this very moment in time within the NFL that despite their 5 wins to date

.......that the Panthers are the worst team in all the NFL.

• Pie 1

I’m convinced at this point Rhule is just playing a power trip game with cam. Because if he lets cam start and play the whole game for better or worse he’s essentially saying it’s Cams team. This way he’s clinging to every shred of control he has, like he would a college team, instead of complimenting it. 

Like Bruce arians is the game manager for Tampa bay. But it’s Brady’s team. 

I feel for Sam.  He went from one shitty situation to another.  What he needed he could not get here. It also appears that he was playing hurt.  Just my guess but I think he played a game plus with shoulder fracture.  No one will succeed here with his Oline.  Sam is a classy guy.  I hope our fans are classy enough not to boo him but have my doubts about that.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

Like Bruce arians is the game manager for Tampa bay. But it’s Brady’s team. 

Arians calls out Brady all the time as well when he plays bad or makes a mistake. The difference is there is mutual respect there and Brady actually likes being coached.

The difference is RHule isn't a NFL hc so no one respects him nor should they. 

• Pie 2

58 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

What you said is true. No one is disputing that. But, let's be honest. Darnold has played behind some atrocious offensive lines in NY and Carolina. He doesn't appear to have received stellar coaching either. That's a lot to put on guy who is still only 25( I think) This year Sam, PJ, and Cam have literally had to run for the lives one second after snapping the ball. How can anyone process the field when they barely have time to set their feet?

I We all know Darnold has all the physical tools to play the position. We all know that he's a tough guy. So far he hasn't mastered the mental aspects of the position. Still I have the nagging thought that just won't go away. If he ever landed with a team/coach with a talent for grooming QBs (Walsh, Reid, McVey) he just might become a viable QB in the NFL.

The nfl is littered with guys like Darnold …all the physical skills in the world , still not enough 

the nfl is the best of the best.  The quickest.  The fastest.  The strongest 

For modern NFL QBs, the added emotional toughness and  quick decisions  under constant pressure    

Also, understanding that your performance affects the money in team mate’s  pockets and that’s a high level of pressure 

Many fail. 

Ask Ryan Leaf   Joey Harrington or the trio of USC recent failures:  Leinart,    Sanchez  Darnold    The list is much much longer 

either a player can make quick decisions under pressure or they can’t 

either they can find the open receiver with 300 lb men in their face in under 4 seconds or they can’t    They get bigger in the moment or they don’t 

which do you think Darnold is?   

no matter what Darnold is to most in the Nfl, the Panthers liked themselves and him enough to give him him $23 million and that probably says more about them than him  

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Arians calls out Brady all the time as well when he plays bad or makes a mistake. The difference is there is mutual respect there and Brady actually likes being coached.

The difference is RHule isn't a NFL hc so no one respects him nor should they. 

Brady called out Arians early last season too. But they went to play golf and sorted their things out. That respect is key you are absolutely right. I don’t feel like Rhule respects the team as men and as players. Rhule puts himself above everyone else. Which is fine for college. But not for grown men making 10’s of millions of dollars. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 3

2 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Brady called out Arians early last season too. But they went to play golf and sorted their things out. That respect is key you are absolutely right. I don’t feel like Rhule respects the team as men and as players. Rhule puts himself above everyone else. Which is fine for college. But not for grown men making 10’s of millions of dollars. 

Yea its not the Jags situation by any means but its clear he is a college HC and doesn't have it. Most don't when they make that jump...

Talking to Jimmy Johnson and all that is fine if you are playing NFL football in nineteen tickity two. Everything has changed since then so not sure why a "progressive, forward thinking, analytics" type of guy would be looking that far back.

Edited by Fox007
  • Pie 2

8 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

I feel for Sam.  He went from one shitty situation to another.  What he needed he could not get here. It also appears that he was playing hurt.  Just my guess but I think he played a game plus with shoulder fracture.  No one will succeed here with his Oline.  Sam is a classy guy.  I hope our fans are classy enough not to boo him but have my doubts about that.

I’d boo Rhule for putting him out there. Darnold is a terrible QB. 
There will be booing when Darnold goes out there. 

Edited by TLGPanthersFan
  • Beer 2