• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ESPN suggests 2 QBs for 2022 for the Panthers...

musicman

I don’t understand how you have a coach come in, choose their guy, backpedal and trade more resources for a new guy.

fuging no. You don’t let Rhule destroy future assets he shouldn’t have control over. That’s going to fug the panthers and new staff.

He chose Sam. He needs to continue with sam. Too fuging bad. This is what he wanted. And when he fails next year we can start again whole.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Wolfcop said:

If this team does not have another option at QB next year, ticket sales and TV ratings will be horrid. We need a QB that is at least not going to hand it to the other team several times every game. That crap got old real quick. 

Ticket sales will be fine, it’ll just be fans of other teams buying them all up

13 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

Gimme Jimmy G for a conditional pick with Armstead, best available OL for every pick of the draft, and lean on the D to win. 

Don’t give up anything for injury prone average Jimmy G. If we draft OL this year, we will need our picks to draft a QB next year. Just sign Mitch or Marriotta for cheap and have Cam be our Hill/back up QB for the year. 

• Pie 3

27 minutes ago, Smithers said:

It’s past time for us to draft a QB in round 1.  Keep Cam and/or Sam around as our mediocre QB 1/2 until the rookie is ready.  Address OL through FA and any 2/3 round picks we can accumulate via trades 

We’ve tried to address the oline in free agency.  It doesn’t work and we are stuck with bad contracts.   You have to build the line through the draft.   This isn’t hard.  

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

This sounds about right. I expect Rhule to trade the farm for someone or roll with his boy Darnold.

God I hope he just sticks with Darnold.  Can't trust this guy to evaluate anything and we already are on the hook for Sammy D next year regardless.  Maybe if he's dumb enough to believe in Darnold he can stumble into building other parts of the team for our next HC.

The fewer assets we let Rhule deal the better...

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Giving up any draft resources for a QB like Jimmy G or Love would be awful.  Neither of those guys are good enough to win a championship, so what’s the point?  Jimmy is average and Love hasn’t shown any signs he’s an NFL starter.

Just sign some veteran QB for cheap and keep Cam next year.  Darnold is 18m no matter what, so he may as well be a backup on the roster next season.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Also I’d just like to add this.

If Green Bay is willing to trade Love for picks, it means he isn’t the answer.  If Love was showing signs he was the next great QB, Rodgers would have been shipped off to the 49ers or Rams this past offseason.

Instead, the Packers are hanging onto Rodgers for as long as he will stay there.

• Pie 2

52 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

We’ve tried to address the oline in free agency.  It doesn’t work and we are stuck with bad contracts.   You have to build the line through the draft.   This isn’t hard.  

uhhh - did you even read my post?  I clearly said build the OL through FA and the draft.