• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Could Cam be 2022 Taysom Hill for the Panthers?

musicman

Sam is here for now. I still think he is gone in most circumstances. No new coach would want him unless they plan to tank. If we June 1st him we would have enough money to sign a better replacement, think about the $6 million and under contracts to QBs this past year. They could also trade him and eat most but not all of his contract.

The only ways I see Sam being back next year is if they bring Rhule back or make that part of the deal for a new HC. I see both of those as failures so I hope that does not happen. 

I don't know what will happen but we did get away from Teddy, Samnshould be no different just a bigger hit for such a stupid move.

1 hour ago, CRA said:

No.  There is some truth to what Cam addressed with his dad in that football field interview.  Cam is naturally a massive personality and presence.  Unless your starting QB is someone like Ryan Fitzpatrick.  But a young QB you are trying to develop? to be the guy?  Cam to some extent gets in the way of them having the command they need to grow into.  Too many people would still be looking to Cam for too much.  And Cam would be too much of a leader and rally point. 

This^

Besides, why would you want to expose him to anymore abuse just for your entertainment?

If you feel anything for the guy at all let him go out with dignity.  

• Beer 3

32 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Sam is here for now. I still think he is gone in most circumstances. No new coach would want him unless they plan to tank. If we June 1st him we would have enough money to sign a better replacement, think about the $6 million and under contracts to QBs this past year. They could also trade him and eat most but not all of his contract.

The only ways I see Sam being back next year is if they bring Rhule back or make that part of the deal for a new HC. I see both of those as failures so I hope that does not happen. 

I don't know what will happen but we did get away from Teddy, Samnshould be no different just a bigger hit for such a stupid move.

I don't want to replace Sam unless it is with a Star QB but that kills us cap wise.

I don't want someone to come in that will win 9 to 11 games and that's it. If that's the case we are better with Sam and drafting 

5 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

I don't want to replace Sam unless it is with a Star QB but that kills us cap wise.

I don't want someone to come in that will win 9 to 11 games and that's it. If that's the case we are better with Sam and drafting 

You would rather have Sam Darnold....than a QB that can come in and win every year (9 to 11 games) and give us a shot at the playoffs?   

Winning every year and going to the playoffs is literally what you want to do in the NFL.  Super Bowls come down to luck and circumstances.  Only have to go back as far as last season to see how Tampa got the lucky bounces needed to make it happen. 

13 minutes ago, CRA said:

You would rather have Sam Darnold....than a QB that can come in and win every year (9 to 11 games) and give us a shot at the playoffs?   

Winning every year and going to the playoffs is literally what you want to do in the NFL.  Super Bowls come down to luck and circumstances.  Only have to go back as far as last season to see how Tampa got the lucky bounces needed to make it happen. 

No it’s not.

I don't want an Alex Smith that's incapable of finding that extra play or two that can get you a ring. I have no desire to make it to the playoffs every year to only win one game.

I have zero desire in that type of QB.

I want someone who has the guts and the ability to lay it on the line. 

Yes I would rather have Sam go 0-16 than to bring in say a Ryan Tannehill type guy and win 10 games next year.

Home run or strike out.

Man…the huddle hates Rhule but has the same dumb minset trying to win any meaningless game they can at all costs and resources with the skill level of maxing out at 7/8 wins.

NO. You guys really need to face facts here. The failing constantly is due to the above. Bringing in the wrong people, wrong moves and trying to take short cuts are cheat codes. It’s failing.

We all see cam’s face being beaten to hell for a couple games, how with this work 17 games? Cam is not winning 11 games and then continue to ball out in the playoffs lol.

But he can, he just needs the coaches, oline, defense, weapons and refs to be fantastic! poo happens, poo isn’t perfect, this ain’t going to happen.

Rhule traded our poo for Darnold. They all wanted Darnold. Let him fail with Darnold and ban him from trading anything else in the future. He chose his path, this is how he will fizzle out of the NFL.

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 3

37 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

No it’s not.

I don't want an Alex Smith that's incapable of finding that extra play or two that can get you a ring. I have no desire to make it to the playoffs every year to only win one game.

I have zero desire in that type of QB.

I want someone who has the guts and the ability to lay it on the line. 

Yes I would rather have Sam go 0-16 than to bring in say a Ryan Tannehill type guy and win 10 games next year.

Home run or strike out.

Well I’ll take going to playoffs every year and having a shot at something…..over just sucking and dreaming.  Trying to hit one magical season.  

you got to get lucky to win it all.  got to consistently get to the postseason to have a chance for things to fall your way. 

The best team and best QB doesn’t always win each season.   Getting into the postseason consistently is a massive part of winning a ring.   That’s what you need and want.   

look at college football.  You know why Clemson has 2 recent titles? Well, they consistently got to the postseason.   Some years they caught breaks and some years they didn’t.   But they were a consistent fixture in the playoffs.  There best teams didn’t always win.  And they weren’t always the best team win they did win.  

find me a HC/QB that can get to the postseason in 6 out of 8 years.   I’ll take that in a heartbeat.   That’s opportunity for things to go your way. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

Well I’ll take going to playoffs every year and having a shot at something…..over just sucking and dreaming 

you got to get lucky to win it all.  got to consistently get to the postseason to have a chance for things to fall your way. 

The best team and best QB doesn’t always win each season.   Getting into the postseason consistently is a massive part of winning a ring.  

Right now Sam is our best shot at a ring.

Either he plays well and we win one or he plays terrible and we draft someone who will.

We already cashed our lottery ticket with Jake.

The odds of finding another diamond in the rough like that are astronomical.

9 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Right now Sam is our best shot at a ring.

Either he plays well and we win one or he plays terrible and we draft someone who will.

We already cashed our lottery ticket with Jake.

The odds of finding another diamond in the rough like that are astronomical.

Huh? You hitting the egg nog too hard.  Sam is the type QB that implodes your ability to be a winning football team.  He shouldn’t be on the field for a team. 

you said you would rather have Sam over a QB that gets you 10 wins and into the playoffs.   I’m saying, consistently getting into the postseason is what matters.   That’s opportunity.  That’s a chance.  The best built team doesn’t win it all most of the time.   College or pros.  The team that wins it all is the one in the postseason who the most works out for generally.  Luck.  Good day to have a good day or vice versa.  That’s why being a consistent winner with opportunity and chances is so important.  

once postseason happens? Well, it could just come down to someone having a good to bad day.  Simple as that.   The best team doesn’t always win in football.  Getting to the postseason consistently is what we need.  

31 minutes ago, CRA said:

Huh? You hitting the egg nog too hard.  Sam is the type QB that implodes your ability to be a winning football team.  He shouldn’t be on the field for a team. 

you said you would rather have Sam over a QB that gets you 10 wins and into the playoffs.   I’m saying, consistently getting into the postseason is what matters.   That’s opportunity.  That’s a chance.  The best built team doesn’t win it all most of the time.   College or pros.  The team that wins it all is the one in the postseason who the most works out for generally.  Luck.  Good day to have a good day or vice versa.  That’s why being a consistent winner with opportunity and chances is so important.  

once postseason happens? Well, it could just come down to someone having a good to bad day.  Simple as that.   The best team doesn’t always win in football.  Getting to the postseason consistently is what we need.  

Do you have reading comprehension problems. 

I will write slow.

There are only a handful of QBs in the league right now that can win it. For us to get one would cost us too much to be able fix the line so they can do their job.

We already have Sam for next year we are not trading his cap hit.

Either he crashes and burns and we get the number 1 pick or a miracle happens and he turns into Steve Young. Both scenarios help us.

What doesn’t help us is.

Goff, Garappolo, Mariota, Tyrod, Huntley, White Fitz ETC.

2 hours ago, Catsfan69 said:

This is true. If Rhule is back and so is Sam, we will be looking at another top 5 pick, so the odds of getting a franchise QB is high.

• Beer 1