• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

American Music Awards ~ How many awards can a dead guy win?

Jangler

I’m glad I did not know this was on. Shows like this are a scam!! I’m exhausted with rich people acting so (hmmmm) FAKE. Good for them and their luxurious idols that collect dust. Waste of time!! I would rather see people that really do something get awards. Singer awards are a JOKE!! Great you can sing big deal.

Those are my thoughts as well. He didn't DO anything recently.

Taylor Swift didn't do anything either, except get upstaged by Kanye West (which is probably the biggest boom her career will ever have). You got a problem with MJ winning an award for a lifetime of success? How about Swift winning an award because of a wave of phony sympathy after the VMA fallout?

In general, it's a dark time for music. When Taylor Swift, Jamie Foxx, and Lady Gaga are up for "prestigious" music awards, I know I can tune out for a while and listen to my kind of music that doesn't need a seal of approval from a record industry run by 16-year-old girls.

Um Lady Gaga is actually pretty talented when you add in showmanship and the ability to actually sing. Is it cheesey and poppy? Yes. Is she an artist? Yes. Is it great? To each there own.

I know she is talented..but she is overrated and represents the short attention spams of people today.

I never understand how someone who is at the top of the charts and is selling the most records can be labeled as overated. To me apparently they are not overated but actually underated by a the rest of the people who are not listening.

Like Taylor Swift....I don't like her music, I think she is a rather disingenuous twit at times, but obviously I just underate her considering how so many other people love the girl and her music.

Now Lady Gaga......I enjoy her music and performance she puts on.

IMO, the term overated should be left for people like Michelle Wie (although I think she finally won a tournament recently), Dale Earnhardt Jr, Ryan Leaf. They are people that are extremely hyped up before they accomplish anything and when given the chance, they accomplish little to nothing in their respective fields.

I never understand how someone who is at the top of the charts and is selling the most records can be labeled as overated. To me apparently they are not overated but actually underated by a the rest of the people who are not listening.

Like Taylor Swift....I don't like her music, I think she is a rather disingenuous twit at times, but obviously I just underate her considering how so many other people love the girl and her music.

Now Lady Gaga......I enjoy her music and performance she puts on.

IMO, the term overated should be left for people like Michelle Wie (although I think she finally won a tournament recently), Dale Earnhardt Jr, Ryan Leaf. They are people that are extremely hyped up before they accomplish anything and when given the chance, they accomplish little to nothing in their respective fields.

Wish Cooter was still around to answer for the Dale Jr. hype.

Archived