• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Charlotte FC To Sign Yordy Reyna and Harrison Afful, Acquire Alan Franco (Atletico Mineiro) On Loan

MillionDollarCam

The team is stating to take shape, exciting times.

I’ve made a few changes to my projections. I now believe Fuchs may play primarily as a CB.

GK - Pablo Sisniega (XI)

LB - Joseph Mora (XI), Adam Armour (SUB)

CB - Anton Walkes (XI), Jan Sobocinski (SUB)

CB - Guzman Corujo (XI), Christian Fuchs (SUB)

RB - Jaylen Lindsey (XI), Harrison Afful (SUB)

CDM - Jordy Alcivar (XI)

CM - Riley McGree (XI), Alan Franco (SUB)

CM - Sergio Ruiz (XI), Brandt Bronico (SUB)

LW - ?

CF - Yordy Reyna (XI), Vinicius Mello (SUB)

RW - McKinzie Gaines (SUB)

I think at the very least we may see two DP wingers along with another depth winger as well as a depth defensive midfielder, and a backup goalie.

20 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

The team is stating to take shape, exciting times.

I’ve made a few changes to my projections. I now believe Fuchs may play primarily as a CB.

GK - Pablo Sisniega (XI)

LB - Joseph Mora (XI), Adam Armour (SUB)

CB - Anton Walkes (XI), Jan Sobocinski (SUB)

CB - Guzman Corujo (XI), Christian Fuchs (SUB)

RB - Jaylen Lindsey (XI), Harrison Afful (SUB)

CDM - Jordy Alcivar (XI)

CM - Riley McGree (XI), Alan Franco (SUB)

CM - Sergio Ruiz (XI), Brandt Bronico (SUB)

LW - ?

CF - Yordy Reyna (XI), Vinicius Mello (SUB)

RW - McKinzie Gaines (SUB)

I think at the very least we may see two DP wingers along with another depth winger as well as a depth defensive midfielder, and a backup goalie.

You really don’t think Fuchs is a starter? Also, looking at who we’ve got right now — who would you say is our best player? Walkes?

2 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

You really don’t think Fuchs is a starter? Also, looking at who we’ve got right now — who would you say is our best player? Walkes?

I think it depends on Mora. They haven’t been able to sign him yet (the risk of using an expansion pick on a player without a contract) and if they aren’t able to then Fuchs will start at LB. If Mora does sign with the club then I’m fairly certain it would be because he’s been all but promised the first chance at the LB position.

If Mora is the starter then I think Fuchs moves to CB where he has a little bit of experience. At that point, it’s a toss up between him and Corujo.

As for our best player, I’d go with McGree. I watch a lot of English football (including the Championship) and I think he’s without a doubt our best player. He’s dominated the Championship in a similar fashion to the way Daryl Dike (Orlando City) did. You may not see him on the scoresheet as much but his breakout play is constantly leading to opportunities. If soccer had hockey assists then I think people would see how valuable he is on the scoresheet. It’s telling that Birmingham City has fought like hell to try and keep McGree. Unfortunately for them, they are dealing with a billionaire owner so it’s not going to work out for them. It’s also very possible that McGree is playing in next years World Cup for the Socceroos.

I think our top 5 players are:

1. McGree

2. Alcivar

3. Walkes

4. Ruiz

5. Franco

I know that’s our entire midfield (along with a CB) and I think that’s how Ramirez intended it to be.

• Pie 2

20 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I think it depends on Mora. They haven’t been able to sign him yet (the risk of using an expansion pick on a player without a contract) and if they aren’t able to then Fuchs will start at LB. If Mora does sign with the club then I’m fairly certain it would be because he’s been all but promised the first chance at the LB position.

If Mora is the starter then I think Fuchs moves to CB where he has a little bit of experience. At that point, it’s a toss up between him and Corujo.

As for our best player, I’d go with McGree. I watch a lot of English football (including the Championship) and I think he’s without a doubt our best player. He’s dominated the Championship in a similar fashion to the way Daryl Dike (Orlando City) did. You may not see him on the scoresheet as much but his breakout play is constantly leading to opportunities. If soccer had hockey assists then I think people would see how valuable he is on the scoresheet. It’s telling that Birmingham City has fought like hell to try and keep McGree. Unfortunately for them, they are dealing with a billionaire owner so it’s not going to work out for them. It’s also very possible that McGree is playing in next years World Cup for the Socceroos.

I think our top 5 players are:

1. McGree

2. Alcivar

3. Walkes

4. Ruiz

5. Franco

I know that’s our entire midfield (along with a CB) and I think that’s how Ramirez intended it to be.

As always, appreciate the insight. Hopefully we’ll be able to come out of the gate strong. 

• Pie 3