• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers OL (Pass Blocking) PFF rankings

ncfan

2 hours ago, stbugs said:

And Marshall and a long snapper. Humphrey and Smith appear to be good starters for KC.

Hurney and Fitterer got us Little, Brown, Marshall and an IR’s long snapper whose name I don’t know.

New Orleans, Tampa and KC got McCoy (and didn’t give up their 3rd), Wirfs, Humphrey and Smith

We could have Wirfs, McCoy, Humphrey, Smith and Moton as our OL. Oh, and we could have had Maxx Crosby for the 3rd we threw away as we had him in for a private visit and we took Miller when Crosby was gone (after both of our 3rd rounders). McCoy was also a private visit.

SMH, our OL was a piece of cake to fix if we just actually tried. I don’t think Hurney or Fitterer really did try to fix it. Instead we picked up Paradis, Erving, Elflein and Jordan. Lolz, it hurts so much thinking about what we was staring us in the face and we pushed it aside and said no thanks we can make Little, Erving and Elflein work. fug.

You could add Lucas Niang to KC's haul too, they had 3 rookies starting on the line.  He graded out at 64.9 and while he hasn't been as impressive as Humphrey and Smith, he'd probably be our 2nd best lineman.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, stbugs said:

And Marshall and a long snapper. Humphrey and Smith appear to be good starters for KC.

Hurney and Fitterer got us Little, Brown, Marshall and an IR’s long snapper whose name I don’t know.

New Orleans, Tampa and KC got McCoy (and didn’t give up their 3rd), Wirfs, Humphrey and Smith

We could have Wirfs, McCoy, Humphrey, Smith and Moton as our OL. Oh, and we could have had Maxx Crosby for the 3rd we threw away as we had him in for a private visit and we took Miller when Crosby was gone (after both of our 3rd rounders). McCoy was also a private visit.

SMH, our OL was a piece of cake to fix if we just actually tried. I don’t think Hurney or Fitterer really did try to fix it. Instead we picked up Paradis, Erving, Elflein and Jordan. Lolz, it hurts so much thinking about what we was staring us in the face and we pushed it aside and said no thanks we can make Little, Erving and Elflein work. fug.

Kansas City started three rookies last night - C, RG, and RT. 2nd, 3rd, and 6th rounders, and this was on top of trading for Brown and signing Thuney. If only...

1 hour ago, KSpan said:

Kansas City started three rookies last night - C, RG, and RT. 2nd, 3rd, and 6th rounders, and this was on top of trading for Brown and signing Thuney. If only...

I would point out that those rookies play for Kansas City, a team with a plethora of NFL level coaching experience drawing up NFL plays and training players from college to be good NFL players.

We have Matt Rhule and the Baylor "Bad News" Bears coaching staff.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, trueblade said:

I would point out that those rookies play for Kansas City, a team with a plethora of NFL level coaching experience drawing up NFL plays and training players from college to be good NFL players.

We have Matt Rhule and the Baylor "Bad News" Bears coaching staff.

Agree. We can talk players for hours, but if you don’t have the coaching it doesn’t  matter. Look at Chargers last night. Missing their starting stud LT, they started som random guy at LT and he did ok. We see this all the time across the league, random backups starting and doing fine. Yes our players are terrible, but I don’t know if that matters with our coaches. I would throw as much money as needed at a great O-Line coach next year. I see that being as crucial as a new HC and OC.

Edited by Martin

Christensen and Moton are looking like the only competent players that have started.

Cameron Erving kept it together early on but last week was vintage Erving. I have bitched about Elflein & Paradis since their split arrivals.

At this point, throw Deonte Brown into the deep end and see if he sinks or swims.