• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Austin Reiter (Center) released by Miami

Michael G

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

That 2nd we lost from Darnold is going to hurt…

Thats why I hold off on proclaiming Fitt to be the best thing since sliced bread.  His cons far outweigh his pros at this point.  He played chicken with the jets and got butt fuged.  He bid against himself.  He should have said a 4rth take it or leave it.  What were they realistically going to do?  Say no and just cut him?

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Thats why I hold off on proclaiming Fitt to be the best thing since sliced bread.  His cons far outweigh his pros at this point.  He played chicken with the jets and got butt fuged.  He bid against himself.  He should have said a 4rth take it or leave it.  What were they realistically going to do?  Say no and just cut him?

He is definitely a bit of a question mark. He needs roster control to fully do his job. It’s hard to tell if Rhule was pushing the Darnold trade or Fitts the way it’s currently set up. 

Just now, ForJimmy said:

He is definitely a bit of a question mark. He needs roster control to fully do his job. It’s hard to tell if Rhule was pushing the Darnold trade or Fitts the way it’s currently set up. 

If I remember correctly it was fitt who approached the jets at someones pro day.  Seems like he initiated the talks.  3 fuging draft picks (obviously one being a 2nd) for sam fuging darnold and we are paying that numbnuts 18 million next year.  Tell me again why we picked up his option?  fuging stupid

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If I remember correctly it was fitt who approached the jets at someones pro day.  Seems like he initiated the talks.  3 fuging draft picks (obviously one being a 2nd) for sam fuging darnold and we are paying that numbnuts 18 million next year.  Tell me again why we picked up his option?  fuging stupid

The fifth year option blows my mind. The picks are tough to overcome, but that 18.5 million  is devastating.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

The fifth year option blows my mind. The picks are tough to overcome, but that 18.5 million  is devastating.

It sucks but I wouldn't classify at as devastating.  The Robbie deal and the CMC deal (hindsight is 50/50) look worse because they stretch beyond next season.

Edited by PNW_PantherMan
  • Pie 1

7 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

But the moves he's made in terms of value outside of the ones we know Rhule dictated have been incredible.  Darnold was all Rhule, Fitt just did what he had to do to get Rhule's guy.  

Outside of Darnold, the moves he made in the draft, the guys he drafted, and the other trades outside of maybe Henderson, which still has a chance to be a win for us, have been incredible.  

Rhule is the fuging poo stain that is ruining all of it.  Fitt has a great eye for talent, along with the other personnel guys we brought in.  He knows value.  And he seems to have good relationships built and established with other FOs across the league, which is another invaluable asset to have in your FO.  It's Rhule being the "final word" on acquisitions that is fuging us royally.  It is Rhule and Rhule alone who is seeking out Teddy, Sam, Cam Erving, etc.  I'm convinced Fitterer's mad genius will truly show once we get a fuging professional level coach in here who doesn't want to trade the farm for best-case game managers who consistently grade out in the bottom third of the league starters at their position - all because they had a friendly exchange and a good conversation a couple years back.

4 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

But the moves he's made in terms of value outside of the ones we know Rhule dictated have been incredible.  Darnold was all Rhule, Fitt just did what he had to do to get Rhule's guy.  

Outside of Darnold, the moves he made in the draft, the guys he drafted, and the other trades outside of maybe Henderson, which still has a chance to be a win for us, have been incredible.  

Not sure how you can say trading back and getting marshall and passing on tons of oline help is "incredible".  This draft remains to be seen how good it is.  I can see it breaking either way.  And no I dont think Rhule was as hell bent on darnold as you are saying, it was fitt that negotiated the trade.    So yeah I am having a hard time seeing where Fitt has made "incredible" trades for us.  I mean poo Gilmore still isnt in playing shape and we are 4 games from ending the season.  WTF has he done to help us?

23 hours ago, Michael G said:
23 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Don't we owe Paradis $8m next year whether he plays or not? How did we screw up a fresh start rebuild so badly

Yes--A Hurney contract and the team is on the hook for two more years. Its

I was wrong here--Paradis' Contract was modified and 2022-2023 and 2023-2024 are "dummy" years. He will be a FA this offseason. We will owe him a little money(I think..maybe 3.7 million or so) that will be a dead cap hit but not much.

I apologize for the Misinformation I read Spotrac wrong.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Michael G said:

I was wrong here--Paradis' Contract was modified and 2022-2023 and 2023-2024 are "dummy" years. He will be a FA this offseason. We will owe him a little money(I think..maybe 3.7 million or so) that will be a dead cap hit but not much.

I apologize for the Misinformation I read Spotrac wrong.

Yeah I don't really understand it. Over the cap still has him as $8m but cut in half if he's a post June 1 cut