• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Newton and Rhule

Mr. Scot

Just for a moment here, I'd like to ask everyone to put aside their opinions about Cam Newton's abilities, his personality, his social media, what should have been done with him, what shouldn't have been done with him, etc.

(yeah, I get what I'm asking, but hear me out...)

I want to ask for opinions on one very specific topic.

How do you view Matt Rhule's relationship with Cam Newton?

What is it that informs you of your ideas one way or the other?

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Just for a moment here, I'd like to ask everyone to put aside their opinions about Cam Newton's abilities, his personality, his social media, what should have been done with him, what shouldn't have been done with him, etc.

(yeah, I get what I'm asking, but hear me out...)

I want to ask for opinions on one very specific topic.

How do you view Matt Rhule's relationship with Cam Newton?

What is it that informs you of your ideas one way or the other?

Oil and water

All Matts comments he made to public, more than a few.

• Pie 3

How I see it, is that Cam respects Rhule as the head coach because he is a professional, but he's frustrated that we've been losing games. It seems that Rhule is probably frustrated that Cam is back, because he never wanted to be Cam's head coach. But desperate times call for desperate measures, and Tepper went over Rhule's head and brought Cam back.

I do not think Rhule likes Cam. He already made up his mind the first go round that Cam was not going to fit into his glorious system. He viewed Cam's personality as a threat to "do your job" and it's "not about one player". He never even gave Cam a chance. I believe the only reason he's back is Tepper dictated it as a desperation to rejuvenate the fan base and potentially make a playoff run...both of which make Tepper a lot more money. Once Cam got here, Rhule took subtle shots at and downplayed the energy that Cam brought with him. I do think that Rhule did slightly change his tune once he got to see Cam's work ethic and how much of a leader he was. But, this terrible strategy of "don't forget about my guy PJ because he knows the 2-minute offense better" and forcing him into the game is a pathetic display of nepotism.

• Beer 2