• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hasson Reddick… what are you going to offer him?

TheBigKat

2 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Speaking of Willis is it possible for us to get Patrick Willis out of retirement 

I seen his retirement presser, said his toe would not allow him to continue playing. Expressed his dying want to play, but brought up his toe would not allow NFL games. 

So cyborg toe maybe the way.....getting Luke maybe easily but seems he didnt have even Willis's want to play. Luke enjoys fishing and chilli while the panthers had 30 million in dead cap, thanks bro!

20 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

He is a game changer

He’s young enough to build around

he’s proven that last year with Arizona wasn’t an anomaly

I put him in a league with Judon (4 years 54 million) and Hendrickson (4 years 60 million) 

given the salary cap jump, you’re likely looking at 4 years $68 million to get this deal done…. Would you do it?

C4FBD4EE-D005-42BB-8959-0EE4560A5D69.jpeg

It depends on the scheme. 3-4 he’s worth it. 4-3 we are better on spending money on a 4-3 DE type and a 4-3 LB group. 

I think the tag is in play.

Unlike Burns, reddick is super physical. More than not Reddick will jar the OT thats trying to stop/block him.(If burns speed fails, its over for him). He can cover very well for a edge, he has a rare toolbox for sure. 

Got to keep him, he has been the best defender on the team. Huge loss if he exits. 

Edited by Basbear
  • Beer 1

If reddick played for the pats, he could reach 20 sacks.

Again you can not lose him, tag him.

Another issue is I think he counts for around 7 million in dead cap space, no matter if plays for the panthers or not.

Big brain finesser got him on 5 year deal, with 4 voided years that all hit 2022.

31 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Nothing. I let him go so I can use the money to go after better free agent Olinemen.

The most over-paid group in free agencay is OL. BY FAR.

ALL teams need OL bodies, mainly cause college suck for developing decent OL. So when a OL hits the market, 14 teams fight over him and drive the price to mars.....

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

The most over-paid group in free agencay is OL. BY FAR.

ALL teams need OL bodies, mainly cause college suck for developing decent OL. So when a OL hits the market, 14 teams fight over him and drive the price to mars.....

Teams compete for any free agent worth a thing.

As much as a decent OLine is needed to make an offense work, starter caliber guys should be paid well. Now, doing what the Panthers did last offseason and overpaying Elf and Erving was dumb. They had been backups at best with injury issues. That was a mistake.

One final thought on free agents. Any free agent worth a thing will be an overpay for the Panthers due to how bad they have been in recent years.

5 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Teams compete for any free agent worth a thing.

As much as a decent OLine is needed to make an offense work, starter caliber guys should be paid well. Now, doing what the Panthers did last offseason and overpaying Elf and Erving was dumb. They had been backups at best with injury issues. That was a mistake.

One final thought on free agents. Any free agent worth a thing will be an overpay for the Panthers due to how bad they have been in recent years.

Happens to OL the most, just the facts. Go look at the early contract signed over the last few years. They are filled with massive OL over-pays, cause thats what the market is. Last year a philly backup swing tackle got 5 years 55 millions.....I dont think he played over a few snaps the year before. Plenty more. I know the Center market got reset over and over by players that were in the mid-pack far as rankings. Any agent worth his salt would be wise to get his OL clients to the free agent market........then sit back and count the millions. 

Edited by Basbear