• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Here’s closer look of “Cam’s fumble”

GoobyPls

2 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

its the momentum and angle of the ball that throws off Hubbard. Cam is falling in to him and ball is coming from a downward  position with an upward angle. I love Cam to death, but he should have just went down. 9 out of 10 QBs tuck that ball and live for the next play.

Yep.

1 hour ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Classic trying to do too much to save a struggling team.

Cam has a long history of saving the Panthers so it is hard to blame him for trying, but this team is beyond saving.

Also correct.

Said at the time it happened that I didn't blame Newton for trying. I've seen plenty of quarterbacks try crazy sh-t like that and sometimes it works.

When it doesn't, they look like the bad guy but they really shouldn't.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

He put in Chuba chest, how did Rhule fault Cam for this?

You don't put the ball in the RB's chest - you put it in their belly.

Newton should have fallen on this ball - he was trying to make a play and instead he made a mistake.

That's football.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yep.

Also correct.

Said at the time it happened that I didn't blame Newton for trying. I've seen plenty of quarterbacks try crazy sh-t like that and sometimes it works.

When it doesn't, they look like the bad guy but they really shouldn't.

And they also shouldn’t have their head coach explicitly naming them and calling them out for “trying to do too much”…especially considering that at the beginning the season the same coach was parading around the “I am going to always give my players a shot to make plays” after Gonzalez missed like a 53 yarder. Can’t remember which game it was…but it was one of those stupid game management situational blunders he’s known for.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

I've seen Tom Brady pull sh-t like that and have it turn into a miracle.

I've also seen him try the same stunt again a few games later and have it be a disaster.

As I said before, I do like when players have that kind of competitive fire to try something, even something crazy, in order to win. Sometimes it doesn't work out, and you probably shouldn't make too much of a habit of it, but football is an unpredictable game and wild stuff happens.

I suppose the best advice on stuff like this would come from an exchange between the legendary Lou Brown and the great Willie Mays Hayes...

"Nice catch, Hayes. Don't ever f---ing do it again."

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, OldhamA said:

You don't put the ball in the RB's chest - you put it in their belly.

Newton should have fallen on this ball - he was trying to make a play and instead he made a mistake.

That's football.

Honesty this team is trash competing for a top 5 pick.

I do not blame Newton whatsoever for trying to make a play, this team has nothing to lose.

That said, so far I don’t see anything warranting a contract. This team is strapped already for other stupid contracts. I don’t see Cam making it a playoff contender or making a difference, even with new coaches who will need to build.

It’s long overdue to bite the bullet for 2022 and suck ass with a lame duck at qb that won’t cost anything for the future.

Edited by onmyown

48 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Honesty this team is trash competing for a top 5 pick.

I do not blame Newton whatsoever for trying to make a play, this team has nothing to lose.

That said, so far I don’t see anything warranting a contract. This team is strapped already for other stupid contracts. I don’t see Cam making it a playoff contender or making a difference, even with new coaches who will need to build.

It’s long overdue to bite the bullet for 2022 and suck ass with a lame duck at qb that won’t cost anything for the future.

Jon Gruden took over from Dungy and took that team to the SB in two years if I'm not mistaken.

You can either do the job or you can't, no shame. This isn't his gig though. It's obvious nationally now.