• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Yesterday was the first time in at least a decade that I willingly did not watch a Panthers game.

Eazy-E

Got drunk, played some video games, felt bad for Cam and laughed at the joke that was our staff. 

I still think Tepper needs to hire someone competent to be Football God here to decide everything. We could easily chew through a handful more of coaches and GMs before Tepper learns enough to hire a real staff and run this organization with any kind of competency. 

If it looks like Tepper won't do that or won't learn and just becomes another Phins, Jets or Jags level owner then it's a wrap. We can hope for new employees, if the owner commits to being awful then it's just self punishment at that point. Thankfully we have not hit that level yet. 

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 5
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Mike in Raleigh said:

It's hard to get excited by this clown show. Hell, I was just looking forward to Chinn having a pro-bowl year and damn if they didn't F that up too. It's a weekly exercise in how not to run a football team.

Exactly. I can’t even watch our young guys grow because everyone is regressing so badly. 

• Beer 2

12 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

I believe Tepper is going to give Rhule another year. If the Cons game and the terrible atmosphere in the stadium didn’t force his hand then I don’t think losing to the Bills, Aints and Bucs will.

The only hope I have left is that Tepper is just trying to be polite and waiting until the season is over. I’m worried though because even after everything Rivera had accomplished here, Tepper fired him before the season was over. Rivera was let go right around this time. Would have been the first week of December to be exact.

32 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Got drunk, played some video games, felt bad for Cam and laughed at the joke that was our staff. 

I still think Tepper needs to hire someone competent to be Football God here to decide everything. We could easily chew through a handful more of coaches and GMs before Tepper learns enough to hire a real staff and run this organization with any kind of competency. 

If it looks like Tepper won't do that or won't learn and just becomes another Phins, Jets or Jags level owner then it's a wrap. We can hope for new employees, if the owner commits to being awful then it's just self punishment at that point. Thankfully we have not hit that level yet. 

Yeah, it's Tepper's move. 

He can either hire an outside NFL consultant to help him out of this mess, or try and figure it all out with the help of his current GM/office management, or he can simply double down on Matt Rhule.

The first option would seem to be best considering Tepper's record so far, with option two being less than optimal, but far better than option three.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Yeah, it's Tepper's move. 

He can either hire an outside NFL consultant to help him out of this mess, or try and figure it all out with the help of his current GM/office management, or he can simply double down on Matt Rhule.

The first option would seem to be best considering Tepper's record so far, with option two being less than optimal, but far better than option three.

Yeah step 2 just looks like more of the same to me but it's still better than option 3.

It would be great if he was out looking and talking to option 1 now. The answer does not look to be in house.

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 1

I loved watching the game.............the worse the Panthers play and mess up with this outfit the more I laugh and enjoy it.

Look if your team is really good its fun to watch them..........if you team is middle of the road its "meh" 

But if you team stinks then it becomes fun to watch them............especially if they end up causing problems for a good team.

Last night I couldn't stop laughing when they said Arizona at 10-2 had one of their losses to the Panthers 34-10.................even though I watched that game I couldn't stop laughing at that one.....

Hell even without Murray they should have never loss to this outfit..........they could have won with no QB and direct snaps all game long to a RB......

Losing to the Panthers only tells me you are a pretender.

Losing to the Panthers.............LOL!!!

• Pie 1

34 minutes ago, PghPanther said:

Last night I couldn't stop laughing when they said Arizona at 10-2 had one of their losses to the Panthers 34-10.................even though I watched that game I couldn't stop laughing at that one.....

Hell even without Murray they should have never loss to this outfit..........they could have won with no QB and direct snaps all game long to a RB......

LOL...i chuckled too...