• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule vs Brady Christiansen

raleigh-panther

16 minutes ago, BlitzMonster said:

I am really concerned about the lack of player development for Christensen, Deonte Brown, Terrance Marshall, Shi Smith, Tommy Tremble, Daviyon Nixon.   

These are guys that the fan base was really high on.  And they have done absolutely nothing this season.  The team still doesn't know what it has with any of these players yet.   

Hell, Chinn took a step back, Brown looks like a wasted top 10, Burns looks like he took a step back outside of his pass rush, and even DJ just doesn't seem to have developed any consistency.  All that after last year we thought these players were all going to take a big leap forward...

Across the O and D we have no idea how good our young players actually are... 

Edited by mav1234
  • Pie 2

4 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

Why did Rhule draft someone and force him to play a bit natural position on a team that desperately neeeds a LT 

From the charlotte observer 

Rookie Brady Christensen made his first start at right guard and did not grade out well, according to Pro Football Focus. Christensen’s 31.2 pass blocking score was the lowest among all Panthers’ offensive linemen. He allowed a team-high three pressures and two hurries. Keep in mind that In Week 11 versus Washington, Christensen earned an 89.9 overall starting at left tackle. 

Rhule continues to insist Christensen’s future is at guard.

Chase Young was on IR and Montez Sweat was on the Covid-19 list

Christensen was going up against Shaka Toney, James Smith-Williams, and William Bradley-King

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

Money is short too and the nfl is very expensive 

Yes it is.  At the end of the day, all emotions aside, the Panthers are selling entertainment.  If the product they produce is of poor quality, consumers will eventually find other places to spend their dollars. 

Tepper has a chance in the next few weeks to take the bull by the horns or do nothing and watch as vampire squid, Matt Rhule, sucks the life out of this franchise.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 hours ago, BrianS said:

Not just guard - right guard.  Opposite side that he has played his entire career.

The longer he is here, the more Rhule looks like Rivera.

Rivera issue was running with Vets over unproven rookies with talent. 

Rhule doesn't have a clue.   Our season is done.  He should be running with Brown and Christensen in the line up.   Give those players we drafted a chance to get some experience.   Brown especially.  I did see him on the field, not sure how many plays he got. 

Somehow Rhule, and I believe this, believes we still have a chance to make the playoffs.  

As they pointed out in the game Sunday.  We have the toughest remaining schedule.  Buffalo and TBx2 are definitely loses and N.O. is fighting for a Playoff spot.  They'll beat us too.

5-12. OMG so sickening. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Rivera issue was running with Vets over unproven rookies with talent. 

Rhule doesn't have a clue.   Our season is done.  He should be running with Brown and Christensen in the line up.   Give those players we drafted a chance to get some experience.   Brown especially.  I did see him on the field, not sure how many plays he got. 

Somehow Rhule, and I believe this, believes we still have a chance to make the playoffs.  

As they pointed out in the game Sunday.  We have the toughest remaining schedule.  Buffalo and TBx2 are definitely loses and N.O. is fighting for a Playoff spot.  They'll beat us too.

5-12. OMG so sickening. 

Actually the real nightmare would be TB laying down in the last game and then allowing us to ruin a top 10 pick.

• Pie 3

10 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Chase Young was on IR and Montez Sweat was on the Covid-19 list

Christensen was going up against Shaka Toney, James Smith-Williams, and William Bradley-King

Fine.  The all-stars weren't there for BC's outstanding performance against Washington.  But you're talking about two of the better young edge rushers in the league there also.  Gross used to get beat on the regular by Peppers, but he was still an outstanding LT for us.

Were the guys Atlanta put on the field yesterday any better than the guys Washington put on the field that day?  You could probably see it either way.

But the entire situation makes no sense.  You've got a rookie with promise.  The single time you play that rookie in the position he played in college the rookie turns in one of the best performances of the year across the entire position group.  And you never play him there again.

Once again:  I am not a pro level talent evaluator.  BC may fail spectacularly at LT.  But ffs, you have to GIVE HIM A CHANCE, don't you?

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, BrianS said:

But the entire situation makes no sense.  You've got a rookie with promise.  The single time you play that rookie in the position he played in college the rookie turns in one of the best performances of the year across the entire position group.  And you never play him there again.

Once again:  I am not a pro level talent evaluator.  BC may fail spectacularly at LT.  But ffs, you have to GIVE HIM A CHANCE, don't you?

this times a thousand

12 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Yes it is.  At the end of the day, all emotions aside, the Panthers are selling entertainment.  If the product they produce is of poor quality, consumers will eventually find other places to spend their dollars. 

Tepper has a chance in the next few weeks to take the bull by the horns or do nothing and watch as vampire squid, Matt Rhule, sucks the life out of this franchise.

I cannot recall not seeing many Panthers games over the past 10 years...from wire to wire.  I may fast forward through the ads, and I may have to watch it a little later than gametime, but I do see them.

This season marked the end of that, but I feel I waited too long.

Tepper has caused all of this...he and he alone are to blame.  I hope he understands this.

P.S. He doesn't.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2