• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

đź‘€

Icege

1 minute ago, Donald LaFell said:

Even tho Ron/Fox were frustrating they always seemed likable and that “players coach” quality seemed to come in handy for saving their jobs after getting outsmarted all season. 

This just feels like we stink and Rhule stinks and we should have blown it up 2 years ago. 

Fox and Rivera were actually better coaches and motivators. That's why they saved their jobs. Rhule seems more like a fuging disaster wrapped in dog poo. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

The season is over. You aren't going to hire next season's coach this week. Firing him will appease the fans but Tepper will make money no matter how they feel these last few games. Just let the body rot. It'll be over soon enough.

I can see it now. Rhule comes into the presser after losing 42-17 in week 18 to Tampa to finish the season 5-12.

"I think we improved in a lot of areas this year."

"We are a good football team. I'm proud of how we prepared every week."  

"Trust the process."

"We are going to get back to work tomorrow morning, I'm excited for next year."

Panthers fans 

Ded Teletubbie GIF by MOODMAN

• Pie 3

15 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

What about this team and this coach's performance so far makes you think there's any chance that a corner will be turned?

with four games to play in 2012 we were mired at 3-9 and ron was a dead man walking. we'd just dropped a winnable game to the chiefs and the huddle wanted blood.

then we went on a run, beating atlanta (iirc cam had yet to beat them) drubbing san diego on the road, throttling oakland, and then dropping a forty burger on the saints to close out on a hot streak. this was widely credited to the team finally collectively turning a corner and learning how to win as they bought into ron's program.

i don't think rhule has the right stuff, and i don't see him turning a corner like that, but given how program building works i think it would be catastrophically short sighted not to let him close out the season. no one else on the staff is capable of taking over as head coach next year, so you gain nothing by giving them a shot. if we fire rhule tomorrow we are the browns.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 2

3 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

train trainwreck GIF

Still looked like Brady’s offense.

Coaching staff completely lost entire game.

They benched Cam after he threw and INT and then PJ threw one so they went back with Cam. 

Then Cam fumbled, trying to hand the ball off while he was laying down and they went back with PJ.

Oh and our defense is good until 3rd down, red zone, or anytime it matters.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

with four games to play in 2012 we were mired at 3-9 and ron was a dead man walking. we'd just dropped a winnable game to the chiefs and the huddle wanted blood.

then we went on a run, beating atlanta (iirc cam had yet to beat them) drubbing san diego on the road, throttling oakland, and then dropping a forty burger on the saints to close out on a hot streak. this was widely credited to the team finally collectively turning a corner and learning how to win as they bought into ron's program.

i don't think rhule has the right stuff, and i don't see him turning a corner like that, but given how program building works i think it would be catastrophically short sighted not to let him close out the season. no one else on the staff is capable of taking over as head coach next year, so you gain nothing by giving them a shot. if we fire rhule tomorrow we are the browns.

Yeah we also had a young QB with promise and MLB with promise and had been competitive in many more games

• Pie 5

3 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

With the benefit of hindsight, the 2012 roster was a whole lot better than what we have now.  Also, that 2012 stretch to end the season was a lot easier than what we are about to face. I don't think it's a valid reason to keep him around to see if he can turn a corner. We all know that isn't gonna happen at this point. There is no tangible benefit to firing him now other than appeasing angry fans, but damn if I wouldn't love for it to happen. 

• Pie 2