• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The State of Panther Fandom/ falcons

OceanPanther

I think if you look at the last 20 thread topics , there are no threads / topics on our pending game against our biggest rival, the Atlanta Falcons.  
No discussion on how we’ll shut down a falcon player(s) , how our defense will smother them, how we’ll make Mattie Ice cry etc etc . 
In Theory, we’re still officially in the “ playoff hunt “ .  But most of The Huddle fan base is more concerned that we might not win another game this season, or that we will win one and screw up our position in the draft.

By the way, the Falcons suck worse than we do .  We’re playing at home and in this game, the opposing team may not have more fans that we do. They will not over take BOA stadium,, because the Falcon fan base is in a worse tailspin than we are. 

Go Panthers  

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 1

26 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Because I’m guessing everyone but u wants us to lose out so hopefully we can get a new coach?

No, not at all.  I was just trying to show how far our interest in this team has fallen. I give all that credit to Matt Rhule . 
Better 1st round draft pick is what we have to look forward to with this team. 
Matt Rhule is at ground zero with the demise of fan interest 

• Pie 4

Every season a few teams will lose most of their games. Some of those teams always lose most of their games. Some of those are always in rebuild mode, some are just sad sack loser franchises that defy the league's parity.

We're becoming one of those teams, and if we don't change coaching and management staff completely, we will be right there with our sibling team, the Jaguars, before we know it.

Time to pull the plug on this bad iteration and send Rhule back to a school where he can win something. Give Atlanta and the Saints their wins so their drafting will be after ours (as limited as Fit has left that cupboard), the Bills and Bucs will get their wins, too.

Let the cold winds of December and January blow away the last couple of years of bad judgement. Let something new and better find its way to town.

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, OceanPanther said:

I think if you look at the last 20 thread topics , there are no threads / topics on our pending game against our biggest rival, the Atlanta Falcons.  
No discussion on how we’ll shut down a falcon player(s) , how our defense will smother them, how we’ll make Mattie Ice cry etc etc . 
In Theory, we’re still officially in the “ playoff hunt “ .  But most of The Huddle fan base is more concerned that we might not win another game this season, or that we will win one and screw up our position in the draft.

By the way, the Falcons suck worse than we do .  We’re playing at home and in this game, the opposing team may not have more fans that we do. They will not over take BOA stadium,, because the Falcon fan base is in a worse tailspin than we are. 

Go Panthers  

Prepare to be disappointed for the next five Sundays, my man

1 hour ago, OceanPanther said:

Go Panthers  

It appears there are a lot of Panther Fans if they are winning and not so many when it gets rough.  You support your team no matter what.  Yes, I wish we were setting on top.  Pointing out the obvious (poor coaching, locker room distraction, etc.) and discussing it is okay.  I stand with the Panthers.

It also saddens me when someone gives poo just because the obvious is pointed out.  Everyone has the right to their opinion, of course.  I wish the poo button would go away.  When I don't agree with a post I start out with 'I don't agree' and then make a gentlemanly comment.

The Panthers will rally and beat the dirty birds.  I have full faith in that entrenched rivalry.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

It’s not surprising. We both have been bottom dwellers for the past 4 years. Neither of us have had more than 7 wins since 2017. We both have been hanging out with Detroit, Giants, Jets and Jags fans lately. It’s not fun and it’s sucked the life out of us fans after being a perennial playoff team for 5 years.

I understand your feelings.  I have them too.