• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Nobody talking about Minshew?

BurnNChinn

3 minutes ago, ChibCU said:

I'm confused. Are there people in this thread saying Minshew is not good enough to be rostered by the Carolina Panthers? The Carolina Panthers - biggest joke of a franchise atm when it comes to QB decisions. We're paying our replacement, replacement's replacement, and the QB originally replaced. All while having one of the worst offenses in the NFL.

But nah... let's act like a solid QB on his rookie contract for the price of a third-day draft pick would have made this franchise worse than it is.

For real. Minshew is better than any QB we have under contract next year and that's not debatable. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Varking said:

I posted above you, by two posts and discussed some of this "garbage" time stuff. He's basically the same QB across the board in terms of how he performs relative to the score. 

I don't care about garbage time or not garbage time numbers..

I don't want a QB barley putting up 20 tds a season in the 1st place.. 

16 tds and 5 ints is a crappy season to me..

Cam 1st 4 years avg. 30 tds a season.. That's what I fuging want..

I've grown up I'm tired of watching Jake Delhome type QBS who need everything around them to be perfect to have success..

I'd rather swing for top talented athletes or wait to draft it then to stay in mediocre for years with a career Backup squeezing out wins and keeping us irrelevant..

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

14 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Difference.. No matter what you think Darnold has physical talent that any coach worth his pedigree thinks he can work with... Big Arm, Athletic,  and Good size.. 

Minshew ..short, Below avg arm, not a great athlete.. 

So you swing for the talent that you hope can develop into the top 5 pick all scouts thought he was... It didn't work.. But that is the way things usually happen for highly drafted players..

Minshew is just a fever dream where some of you are always trying to find a diamond in the ruff.. But it ends up to be the same coal that got a bunch of stats in garbage time..

I agree with this. At the time I really thought we got a steal for Darnold. A top 5 QB for a few picks. If he would have shown anything this year it would have been a steal. 

I didnt like how quick they were at picking up his 5th year option but I can understand it. They clearly thought 'he was the guy' and that 19M would have been 30+ IF he played good. So the finances made sense. 

That said, he didnt play good. However, I think we need to keep him on the team, let him watch from the sidelines and see what he is in training camp. 

4 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

For real. Minshew is better than any QB we have under contract next year and that's not debatable. 

And that's how bad the situation is.. 

Fitzpatrick is better then any QB on the roster.. That still doesn't make him a good QB to go into the season with..

• Poo 1

2 minutes ago, Panthera onca said:

Minshew would have been a much better option than Sam. Less draft capital, less money against the cap, and likely better play. Minshew is like Heineke, he has that will to win and is a baller.

This is Kyle Allen all over again..

5 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I really fuging hate analytics.. It constantly makes sub par player look good to ppl.. 

Instead of watching the games and seeing the guy wasn't that good and talent is mostly lucky poo!  

What was the offensive ranked the years he was QB?? 

Were they a pass happy team or a running team that didn't trust the QB to do alot??

Compensation is the only reason your yelling Minshew.. But reality is if Minshew was brought here he wouldn't look any better and it would have been a clear sign to the fan base we are tanking..

They threw the ball 12th most in the NFL and only had 3 more rushes than us. 17th in rushing yards and 16th in passing yards. Despite all those throws they were tied for 5th least intercepted team in the NFL. The Jaguars hurt themselves via penalties that year. Second most penalties for the most yards in the NFL. 

Compensation absolutely is not the only reason I am "yelling" for Minshew. Weird to tell others why they are doing X Y or Z and be inaccurate. I wanted Minshew before he got traded to the Eagles. And again... both of Minshews scores yesterday came with the team down, in the first half. Not garbage time at all. I watched the game though and the analytics backed that up. 

1 minute ago, CanadianCat said:

I agree with this. At the time I really thought we got a steal for Darnold. A top 5 QB for a few picks. If he would have shown anything this year it would have been a steal. 

I didnt like how quick they were at picking up his 5th year option but I can understand it. They clearly thought 'he was the guy' and that 19M would have been 30+ IF he played good. So the finances made sense. 

That said, he didnt play good. However, I think we need to keep him on the team, let him watch from the sidelines and see what he is in training camp. 

I understand the thought process other then giving him the 5th year option... But reality is he can't read defenses and is broken mentally.. 

1 minute ago, Varking said:

They threw the ball 12th most in the NFL and only had 3 more rushes than us. 17th in rushing yards and 16th in passing yards. Despite all those throws they were tied for 5th least intercepted team in the NFL. The Jaguars hurt themselves via penalties that year. Second most penalties for the most yards in the NFL. 

Compensation absolutely is not the only reason I am "yelling" for Minshew. Weird to tell others why they are doing X Y or Z and be inaccurate. I wanted Minshew before he got traded to the Eagles. And again... both of Minshews scores yesterday came with the team down, in the first half. Not garbage time at all. I watched the game though and the analytics backed that up. 

I got 100 dollars that say Minshew will never be a fulltime starter of a winning team because.. He is nothing but a intangibles guy with no physical talent and pretty much a career backup good for 4 or 5 games until teams figure him out again and again and again..

Just now, Panthera onca said:

I would rather we stuck with him as well over Sam or Teddy. We would have likely had the number one pick last year without losing the draft capital and throwing so much money at Teddy and Sam. It really is front office malpractice. 

We should have stuck with Cam and if he got hurt still be in close to a top 5 pick..

4 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I don't care about garbage time or not garbage time numbers..

I don't want a QB barley putting up 20 tds a season in the 1st place.. 

16 tds and 5 ints is a crappy season to me..

Cam 1st 4 years avg. 30 tds a season.. That's what I fuging want..

I've grown up I'm tired of watching Jake Delhome type QBS who need everything around them to be perfect to have success..

I'd rather swing for top talented athletes or wait to draft it then to stay in mediocre for years with a career Backup squeezing out wins and keeping us irrelevant..

Again, you just complained about analytics and then misused them to disparage Minshew with the "barley putting up 20 TDs a season". In his first year he put up 20 in rookie campaign and in year 2 his 16 touchdowns were in 8 starts. On pace for 32. Not bad for a second year player on a franchise that was tanking. Minshew would be the best QB we have had on this roster since prime Cam. And Minshew doesn't need everything around him to be perfect to have success. He has had success for two years and in his only start this year he had success. And the Jaguars and Eagles have far from perfect rosters. We would be a playoff team with him. 

3 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I got 100 dollars that say Minshew will never be a fulltime starter of a winning team because.. He is nothing but a intangibles guy with no physical talent and pretty much a career backup good for 4 or 5 games until teams figure him out again and again and again..

Again, if that were true his numbers would reflect that. The only quarter of the schedule he has ever struggled is the weeks 9-12. 

15:5 in weeks 1-4.

11:2 in weeks 5-8.

1:3 in weeks 9-12.

12:1 in weeks 13+.

Just now, Varking said:

Again, you just complained about analytics and then misused them to disparage Minshew with the "barley putting up 20 TDs a season". In his first year he put up 20 in rookie campaign and in year 2 his 16 touchdowns were in 8 starts. On pace for 32. Not bad for a second year player on a franchise that was tanking. Minshew would be the best QB we have had on this roster since prime Cam. And Minshew doesn't need everything around him to be perfect to have success. He has had success for two years and in his only start this year he had success. And the Jaguars and Eagles have far from perfect rosters. We would be a playoff team with him. 

He will always be injured or always need things to be great around him to barely put up those numbers is the point.. Maybe 1 or twice in 5 years will he make a full season.. He college years was just like this at Washington state... He isn't physically good nor does he have arm talent..