• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Looking ahead to this offseason *Warning* Not for the Weak Stomach

ncfan

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I could live with trading down thisyear. It's a pretty good OL draft.

QB? Not so much.

Agree, we are in a bad situation at QB obviously and might have to wait to solve that problem especially if a guy we want goes early in the draft.  Sad but true

For instance I like Sam Howell and his upside but the hasn’t been crazy accurate this season and doesn’t have a rocket arm either.  Roll of the dice of sorts that I would bet on but he would need to sit anyway for while.  Gotta get this OL respectable 

Edited by Shocker
  • Beer 1

We def have to re sign Reddick, it will be expensive but just like Moton, we just have to. If we move from around 10th to 20th a 2nd is an absolute must. Say a desperate team like Washington or Pittsburgh wants to move up for a guy like Corall or Willis, NYG got a first last year, we should be able to get a 2nd. Let Jackson walk in FA and grab a comp 3rd.  I would like to bring back Gilmore, Jones and Luvu. Carter can walk, he isn’t a starting MLB, let him “get paid” elsewhere 

Edited by BlackPanther21_
  • Pie 1

Had to push my Philly steak and fries to the side for this one.

This team, instead of being built into a contender has been built into a massive pile of WTF. I think the FO might be ok.

Rhule has brought all of his college friends, some of his former players and whatever philosophy(still not sure what it is) he has and has made a bad team worse.

I honestly don’t see us being competitive for 2-3 more years, could be more if Tepper keeps Rhule around.

Ill always be a Panther fan but I’m done watching them, done buying their merchandise until I see a drastic change.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, beo said:

We're gonna have to let go of Reddick. It was a nice free agency find but him and Burns beside eachother simply wont work against teams that can run the ball and we need to fill that spot with a more traditional run stopper. Maybe YGM can step up? The defense isn't going to work how we want it to with him on the field, and that's ignoring that we only have 30 million dollars to work with and he'll likely command at least half of that. Try like hell to retain Gilmore tho.

Also I don't know what y'all see in Suleiman considering the fact that our cap management has been bad since he got here and it now spans two GMs. I doubt he does much more than give out contracts, but the contracts he's given out for the most part have been poor.

The question of who to sign with our free agents may be answered for us. Some that we might want to keep may decide to move on to a team that had a winning record this year. Without changes to our coaching staff it may also be hard for us to attract free agents. 

• Pie 1

Ok can I play fantasy land???

Restructure Sam and keep him as a backup. 

Try to Restructure Cmac

Tank And get a top 5.

Trade down and get the center from Iowa around 10-12 plus a 3rd. (Not in love with QBs in draft)

Try to sign djax for cheap if he walks pick up another 3rd.

Try to resign Cam for dirt cheap to be Taysom Hill.

Use both 3rds on OL if possible. Unless Pickett or Howell are sitting around.

Profit???????

• Poo 1

1 minute ago, Catsfan69 said:

Ok can I play fantasy land???

Restructure Sam and keep him as a backup. 

Try to Restructure Cmac

Tank And get a top 5.

Trade down and get the center from Iowa around 10-12 plus a 3rd. (Not in love with QBs in draft)

Try to sign djax for cheap if he walks pick up another 3rd.

Try to resign Cam for dirt cheap to be Taysom Hill.

Use both 3rds on OL if possible. Unless Pickett or Howell are sitting around.

Profit???????

Restructure Sam and keep him as a backup.  Why would he possibly restructure?

Try to Restructure Cmac   Why would he possibly restructure?

Tank And get a top 5.     We on our way

Trade down and get the center from Iowa around 10-12 plus a 3rd. (Not in love with QBs in draft) Trade down and only get a 3rd???????  Come on guys

Try to sign djax for cheap if he walks pick up another 3rd.   We are going to let him walk, its the same issues year after year after year with him.  Just take the comp pick and move on

Try to resign Cam for dirt cheap to be Taysom Hill.  I mean, this isnt that bad of an idea but its just lipstick on a pig

Use both 3rds on OL if possible. Unless Pickett or Howell are sitting around.   Both 3rds?  Where are you getting 3rd round picks from?

• Pie 1

I personally don’t mind resigning Cam for goal line and short yardage.  That works for me for multiple years as he is elite in that dept.  I seriously would play him every min the rest of the season.  Give him a chance to do this whatever happens.  Nothing to lose IMO.

• Pie 2

42 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Restructure Sam and keep him as a backup.  Why would he possibly restructure?

Try to Restructure Cmac   Why would he possibly restructure?

Tank And get a top 5.     We on our way

Trade down and get the center from Iowa around 10-12 plus a 3rd. (Not in love with QBs in draft) Trade down and only get a 3rd???????  Come on guys

Try to sign djax for cheap if he walks pick up another 3rd.   We are going to let him walk, its the same issues year after year after year with him.  Just take the comp pick and move on

Try to resign Cam for dirt cheap to be Taysom Hill.  I mean, this isnt that bad of an idea but its just lipstick on a pig

Use both 3rds on OL if possible. Unless Pickett or Howell are sitting around.   Both 3rds?  Where are you getting 3rd round picks from?

In my fantasy?

Sam restructures because he is a guy that wants to succeed unlike guys that just want to collect a check. So he bets on himself like Reddick did this year.

Cmac restructures to help the team get olineman because he knows that the better they are the better he plays thus not only improving future earnings off the field but also cementing his legacy in pursuit of becoming the GOAT RB and getting that gold jacket to go with his two rings.

The 2 thirds come from the trade down and letting Djax walk. That's 2 thirds. Or a 2nd and a third if you think we can pull it.

4 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

The 2 thirds come from the trade down and letting Djax walk. That's 2 thirds. Or a 2nd and a third if you think we can pull it.

You do realize that we don’t get a comp for Donte walking until the 2023 draft.

even then.  I doubt we get a 3rd.

Edited by ncfan
  • Pie 1