• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule a hot name for open college coaching jobs at Oklahoma, Notre Dame

NAS

32 minutes ago, CRA said:

I don’t see how you could sell Matt Rhule to Notre Dame alumni and fans.  Really any school that views themselves a legit perennial contenders. 

Matt Rhule seems like a guy that could of jumped from Baylor to a SEC job like South Carolina.  

More like he could take over at Coastal if Chadwell left for a bigger conference.

• Flames 1

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

that wasn’t Gamecock hate.  They are local and an easy example of the type gig that should of come next for a coach like Rhule. 

That would have been a big jump for Rhule to land a gig like South Carolina.   

True. 

Somehow he managed to make a leap defying any and all logic.

Back to my regularly scheduled Gamecock 6 win ceiling.

1 minute ago, trueblade said:

More like he could take over at Coastal if Chadwell left for a bigger conference.

What’s the better job?  Gamecocks is the better gig.  Plus they fit the mold and narrative of what the great Matt Rhule is suppose to be able to do. 

7 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

True. 

Somehow he managed to make a leap defying any and all logic.

Back to my regularly scheduled Gamecock 6 win ceiling.

I actually like Beamer.   I’d rather SC be good than horrible.  I just want Clemson to win the matchup.  

Should of gone that type route and never gone down the Muschamp road.   If you couldn’t get it done with FL recruits you ain’t gonna work magic at SC. 

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, Fox007 said:

Well poo you go back and take your cold water with you

The sources are legit. NBC Sports, CBS Sports and Sports Illustrated all mention the possibility.

If you do a quick internet search for "Matt Rhule Oklahoma" or "Matt Rhule Notre Dame" you'll find plenty more, including from sources local to both teams.

6 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Rhule would get eaten alive at Oklahoma in the SEC. 

To be fair, he's getting eaten alive here.

Edited by Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The sources are legit. NBC Sports, CBS Sports and Sports Illustrated all mention the possibility.

If you do a quick internet search for "Matt Rhule Oklahoma" or "Matt Rhule Notre Dame" you'll find plenty more, including from sources local to both teams.

To be fair, he's getting eaten alive here.

Oh well good then. I have yet to look into it. Tepper must be like "go ahead you"

3 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Realistically, if this happened, would Joe Brady just get canned?  Phil Snow would most certainly follow Rhule wherever he goes.  What happens to the rest of the staff?  Does Chase Blackburn become interim head coach?

Brady would be named interim HC most likely and once he goes 1-4ish he gets a HC job in college and Tepper gets an excuse not to retain him.

Hopefully Eberflus can get the stench out of their offices.