• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2022 (3rd year of the rebuild) and beyond...

musicman

Tepper said this could take up to 5 years to build a consistent winner. Rhule's past has been 3. I say year 3 we make the playoffs and battle for a playoff spot every year after.

What I see and think: Investment in both lines while searching for a future QB.

They don't resign D Jax and get a 3rd rd comp pick. They have a lot of CBs. I do think they resign Gilmore to a 2 year deal (not too much money) so he can stay close to home. With Horn and CJ, Gilmore, Taylor and Bouye for 2022, you're set. 

They draft and sign O-lineman and another space eater D-lineman in 2022 and again in 2023. Doesn't matter who the QB is and how good your defense is if you can't take time off the clock on offense and score some points. They need a great Center to start with. Maybe Brown gets a shot at G. 

- without a big DT pushing the middle, having Burns and Reddick fast on the outside does nothing. QB steps up and throws it. 

I have a feeling they won't resign DJ Moore to an extension and take the comp pick in 2023. His drops and some poor routes might be a turn off. They showed yesterday an INT was part on him for not running the route correctly and drawing the safety towards him. If the announcers see it, the coaches definetly will.

Darnold will compete for QB in 2022 as who knows if they sign or draft his competition. 

I think they will resign Reddick, but after giving more $ to Anderson (or now injuries with CMC), are they gonna shy away? They may take the 3rd rd comp pick for him too. 

I believe they will turn this into a consistently winning organization, it takes time. We are just impatient as fans.

The only thing that'll excited me will be if 2022 is the first year of the new rebuild. Not even drafting Howell would excite me much at this point. Any rookie QB we could bring in would basically he in Justin Fields' position forced to take a beating as a rookie with little chance while waiting for this moronic coaching staff to get fired and look for a fresh start in year two.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

4 minutes ago, musicman said:

Its a learning curve. New owner and coach to the NFL and now new GM. It takes time to turn a large ship. 

Learning is one thing but this year’s draft was a complete bust in terms of selecting players at positions of need. Free agency wasn’t much better. 

• Beer 2

Taking 5 years to win is completely made up BS. If you can't win by year 3, it's not happening. That was a fantasy to hide behind created by a pack of NFL inexperienced people and Marty Hurney...

There is zero indication anything is improving. If the season ended today there should be no year 3 for this crew, it's just wasting another year. They have a few games to prove why there should be a year 3 but I have lost all faith in them. They have showed nothing to indicate there is a future worth wanting with them around.

What have they learned? Nothing. How have they adapted or changed things up? Same old mistakes and getting worse. 

Tepper already saw what it looks like when the fans turn, he could see it again this year. As they say,the juice isn't worth the squeeze.

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 2
  • Flames 2

I have zero faith in this staff making a significant step forward next year.  If you lose a team halfway through a season, then you are a garbage staff.  Rhule has lost this team.  He might win one more game and technically improve upon last year's record, but is that really improvement?  I was WAY more optimistic about last year's 5 win team than I am about this year's 5 win team.  That's regression and in no way gives me hope for this squad under Rhule's watch next year.

• Beer 1

25 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Idc how it’s done but sam and his contract need to be worked out and the resources need to go to the o line and whatever is need to prevent teams from running wild on us.

we’d also be crazy to let dj walk, d had however, barring a team friendly deal I’d let him walk and he’s one of my favs 

Might have to Tonya Harding Sam and get that injury settlement.