• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Defense deserves MORE of the blame than its getting

micnificent28

Coming into the start of the season we knew we might have a question mark at Qb and the offensive line. Yes they deserve their share of the blame but the one issues we didn't see was the defense being manhandled.. in the run and even Waddle burning Jackson to a crisp.

I want to share the blame here and point a large finger at Derrick Brown who was suppose to be a run stuffing God and that's what largely made him a number 7 pick. After today and not even starting he's looking very busty to me. We are a very finesse team elite speed from speed rushers on the edge but that makes them vulnerable to power run blockers. 

They probably don't set the edge the best or she'd blocks as well in the run game. A staff that has poured Countless first and second round picks into the defense should not be this bad on defense. Even our precious  corner back core looked lost today.. and the finger can largely be pointed at rhule he put this monstrosity together.

I say give him another year to fix it you signed him to a 7 year contract this is year 2. But if he doesn't see the dying need of offensive line help this next season the honeymoon is over amd show him the door.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, ThPantherFan said:

Don't necessarily agree to that contract.

I mean you signed up for this when you gave him 7 years. You praised him as a team builder let's give him atleast 3 seasons to do it. Gonna be even harder with all the assets they traded away.  But you signed up for this see it through.

• Pie 1