• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Exactly what is “the brand”?

therealmjl

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

We clearly aren’t the second best defense in the league. We had a nice first half schedule, but teams like the Cowboys and now WFT with solid lines can power right through us, and average team like the Vikings lite us up. We are talented enough to dominate bad teams, but struggle against good ones. When we get into the tougher part of our schedule our ranking with drop down some notches. We have talent and a good defense, but not elite yet. When our staff was “surprised” by how quickly our defense progressed we were 3-0 against Wilson, Winston, and Mills. 2 rookies making their first starts and Winston missing half his staff from Covid (which was still probably our most impressive performance defensively). 

Where do the stats agree with your opinion… Dallas gives up points so has Washington all season..

11 games isn’t a small sample size.. And no matter how much you make excuses for other teams and move the goalpost back to make a point.. Reality is this team over a 11 game sample has been a top 5 defense..

19 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I’m waiting  for somebody to stop avoiding the question and compare the 2019 roster to Now and show me no improvement..

No one wants to answer because the question is foolish. There was bound to be improvement because the team was poo last year… the defense has improved leaps and bounds but when you lose a game you HAVE to win because of the particular unit that is said to have improved then people get pissed.

Not to mention, there better be improvement, they spent a whole fugging draft on defense just for it to lose the game for them yesterday.

And let’s not even talk about the offense which is worse than it was last year until Cam rescued this coaching staff.

Cam might literally have saved your boys job if yesterday turns out to just be a fluke performance by the defense.

Bottom line is on-field improvement isn’t worth a damn when you aren’t winning.

The Browns have been “improving” for 30 years just to get brought back down to earth the following year.

Hell, Rivera “improved” in his second year, he went from 6-10 to 7-9… improvement!

Coaches are measured in wins and losses, that’s why they are hired to be fired unless they are in the 1% (Belichick, Coach K, Roy Williams, Greg Pop, etc.).

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 2

Just now, MillionDollarCam said:

No one wants to answer because the question is foolish. There was bound to be improvement because the team was poo last year… the defense has improved leaps and bounds but when you lose a game you HAVE to win because of the particular unit that is said to have improved then people get pissed.

Not to mention, there better be improvement, they spent a whole fugging draft on defense just for it to lose the game for them yesterday.

And let’s not even talk about the offense which is worse than it was last year until Cam rescued this coaching staff.

Cam might literally have saved your boys job if yesterday turns out to just be a fluke performance by the defense.

Bottom line is on-field improvement isn’t worth a damn when you aren’t winning.

The Browns have been “improving” for 30 years just to get brought back down to earth the following year.

Coaches are measured in wins and losses, that’s why they are hired to be fired unless they are in the 1% (Belichick, Coach K, Roy Williams, Greg Pop, etc.).

Again you’re at fault in this because of your expectations.. We were a 5 win team last year.. For some reason I guess you expected this to be a fully form team the next and never lose games to lesser teams.. Which in reality no team is perfect and even the best teams are taking ass whipping to lesser teams this year… I don’t understand how you ppl have built this team up to never have a hiccup or to be this outrageously different team in 1 year when they were just picking top 10 in the draft 7 months ago…

Belicheck got fired in Cleveland.. K almost got fire his 1st 3 years in Durham.. So the comparison are cool.. They stuck with the coach more then 1 and half years before making a judgment…

maybe you need to go back and really look at the history of your favorite coaches…

17 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Again you’re at fault in this because of your expectations.. We were a 5 win team last year.. For some reason I guess you expected this to be a fully form team the next and never lose games to lesser teams.. Which in reality no team is perfect and even the best teams are taking ass whipping to lesser teams this year… I don’t understand how you ppl have built this team up to never have a hiccup or to be this outrageously different team in 1 year when they were just picking top 10 in the draft 7 months ago…

Belicheck got fired in Cleveland.. K almost got fire his 1st 3 years in Durham.. So the comparison are cool.. They stuck with the coach more then 1 and half years before making a judgment…

maybe you need to go back and really look at the history of your favorite coaches…

We were a six win team in Rivera’s first year, did you bring this same energy? The offense regressed in Rivera’s second year but the defense improved to the point where they were giving up 4 points less per game (this years defense is giving up 5 points less per game than last year).

You are all about improvement but in reality the offense has regressed and the defense is giving away games it shouldn’t… outside of Atlanta there isn’t another easy game on the schedule… Rhule could very well be staring down the barrel at 6-11.

It’ll be easier to revisit this thread at the end of the year when we know our final record but this year feels a lot like Rivera’s second year… trying to find silver linings in dogshit.

Also, FYI, it’s Belichick not check (not a knock on you, everyone gets this wrong) and he still has the best season in Cleveland over the past 30 years, it’s telling that no one can turn that franchise around, some teams are destined to fail.

I was not aware of Coach K’s first few years, thanks for the insight.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

7 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

We were a six win team in Rivera’s first year, did you bring this same energy? The offense regressed in Rivera’s second year but the defense improved to the point where they were giving up 4 points less per game (this years defense is giving up 5 points less per game than last year).

You are all about improvement but in reality the offense has regressed and the defense is giving away games it shouldn’t… outside of Atlanta there isn’t another easy game on the schedule… Rhule could very well be staring down the barrel at 6-11.

It’ll be easier to revisit this thread at the end of the year when we know our final record but this year feels a lot like Rivera’s second year… trying to find silver linings in dogshit.

Also, FYI, it’s Belichick not check (not a knock on you, everyone gets this wrong) and he still has the best season in Cleveland over the past 30 years, it’s telling that no one can turn that franchise around, some teams are destined to fail.

I was not aware of Coach K’s first few years, thanks for the insight.

So your anger is based off 1 win difference in their 1 season.. Really?? 
That 1 win let you know that Ron was going to get better and Rhule won’t? Really?? 

And before we go on I was never on the Firing Ron squad.. Even in 2019..

So you can stop projecting that opinion on me…

Just a question ..

Ron got 1 game better his 2nd year.. 7-9..

if Rhule with 6 games left beats gets 7 wins or beats that 1 game improvement Ron had what is your opinion then?

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

So your anger is based off 1 win difference in their 1 season.. Really?? 
That 1 win let you know that Ron was going to get better and Rhule won’t? Really?? 

And before we go on I was never on the Firing Ron squad.. Even in 2019..

So you can stop projecting that opinion on me…

Just a question ..

Ron got 1 game better his 2nd year.. 7-9..

if Rhule with 6 games left beats gets 7 wins or beats that 1 game improvement Ron had what is your opinion then?

It’s not based off one win or one loss, it’s based off the entire mismanagement of the offensive side of the ball.

If Cam is on the roster at the beginning of the year there’s no telling where we’d be. I certainly don’t think we lose Philadelphia and New York.

I don’t think Rivera should have been retained. It was clear that the team was coaching him more than he was coaching them. I’ll say that I did like Rivera much more as a person than Rhule.

1 hour ago, WOW!! said:

You name 1 position and call the whole thing a regression that's fair...

But let's look at this thing in Reality...

2020 pamdiec season..

The defense is gone.. No Luke, No TD, No Irving, No healthy DT on the roster, No Secondary other then a often injured DJax...

Qb position was a mystery because Cam hasn't been healthy since 2018...

Oline sucked just as much back then...

Wr corp was Cmac and DJ.. No Robby, no Marshall,  No Zystra, No Smith

GREG IS GONE..

The Roster only had DJ, Cmac, Burns, Shaq, and Donte to build from..

Compare that to the roster now?? 

Regression what??

I am going to agree with this. Rhule did not have a lot to work with, including a GM, Hurney doesn’t count.

The team has not regressed IMO. But will it stay in place?

The question is, will it more forward and can it get over the hump? And then the question is will it be sustained?

Problem I have is this whole 5 year plan then turning around and trading valuable rebuilding resources.

That said this five year bullshit is a crock of poo. Rhule gets 3 drafts and 3 years to put out a winning team. If we do not have a winning record next year, he needs to go.

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

It’s not based off one win or one loss, it’s based off the entire mismanagement of the offensive side of the ball.

If Cam is on the roster at the beginning of the year there’s no telling where we’d be. I certainly don’t think we lose Philadelphia and New York.

I don’t think Rivera should have been retained. It was clear that the team was coaching him more than he was coaching them. I’ll say that I did like Rivera much more as a person than Rhule.

Yeah the throwing stupid money at Teddy, extending Robbie, overpaying injury prone below average OL in Erving and Elf, going all in on Darnold and EXTENDING him before the season, passing on young prospects like Fields when Tepper was pushing for him, and now having to come running back to Cam to try to save the season. We have money tied up in Teddy this season and $18.5 in Darnold next. Not only did Darnold cause us to pass on Mac and Fields, but we could use his money to extend Reddick or sign a solid OG, MLB, or DT this offseason. His best offseason move was Reddick, but he has way more misses than hits.

• Pie 2

Just now, therealmjl said:

That doesn’t mean we have a direction or a “brand”. That just means we are losing games with a more talented roster.

I answer the “Brand” Question a few post back… No team developes a “brand” in a year and a half of a complete rebuild.. 

Name one?

And the direction won’t be determined until after the season.. How can you determine anything until you get to a stopping point.. 6 games left..