• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule comes across as fake

NAS

Some of this is hilarious.

You know what Rhule could do to earn my respect? Admit to the crap personnel and coaching decisions he has made that has left the fanbase ready to riot. And not Cam, that was very obviously not his call. 

Putting Miller in as a starter and Jackson one on one with McLaurin were huge mistakes. Jordan looks to be reverting to who he was in Cincinnati and is becoming a big problem. Will Daley start over BC again? We will see...

4 hours ago, Mage said:

Every HC's press conference is filled with coach-speak.

If people want to hate Rhule that is okay.  But it blows my mind how much people think what a coach says in a press conference matters.

Newsflash: Go watch all 32 HC post-game talks.  They all more or less say the same thing.  Hell the GOAT coach Belichick is the KING of Coach Speak.  

No player gives a crap about what Rhule is saying at a press conference.  It literally doesn't matter.

Thats true most have a good dose of coach-speak. Is GREATLY praising a player then cutting them within 24-48 coach speak? The lying is were I have issues. Rhule has done this to 8(I think) players and thus became a meme. Just wont go out of your way to talk about a topic and then few hours later its the opposite. He also did that with "we going run the ball rah rah," just stop..... I got no issues with the done coach-speak, the other lies, sounding lost, smug, preaching, etc. Im a hardcore fan and he is the first coach that I quit watching his pressers. All coaches were a hard listen after a loss, Rhule is that EVERY time he speaks.  

Lastly I do get in some cases he was trying to increase the players value for trade reasons.

• Pie 1

I'm just not sure Rhule has the respect of the players. Rivera had a ton of respect in the locker room and from every player on the team. Former player, extremely well liked by almost everyone who has ever worked with him. 

Rhule is just a rah rah dude who I think has climbed the mountain faster than maybe he should have jumping to the NFL. Same with Joe Brady. The coaching staff is just inexperienced. I thought Rhule should have brought in a seasoned NFL caliber coordinator on one side of the ball, probably offense, to develop a young QB. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, RJK said:

He’s a fast talking conman with no substance behind anything he says. That might work in small town college programs where nobody is paying attention but it won’t work on the national stage. 

I just can't believe that Tepper fell for the fast talking rah-rah stuff.  

• Beer 1

I've flipped on him too. I gave Rivera a lot of flack but we always knew his strengths and he has a signature coaching style. Maybe Rhule's just that good at keeping things close to the chest but I see no core vision or philosophy behind his coaching. If Tepper fell in love because he's an analytics nerd thats cool and all, but we need a coach not an algorithm.

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

I've flipped on him too. I gave Rivera a lot of flack but we always knew his strengths and he has a signature coaching style. Maybe Rhule's just that good at keeping things close to the chest but I see no core vision or philosophy behind his coaching. If Tepper fell in love because he's an analytics nerd thats cool and all, but we need a coach not an algorithm.

What's really sad is there's not a team in the NFL that would consider hiring Rhule as a Coordinator on either side of the ball. Plenty of head coach busts that went back to coordinating at a good level, Rhule doesn't even know the game

• Pie 1

15 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

If you were in a barfight, would Rhule be the guy you'd want watching your back? Out of the 32 head coaches in the NFL, is he the one you'd want to go to war with? Does he even make the top 20? 30?

Nah I’d want Dan Campbell so he could chew some knee caps. Terrible coach it seems but very genuine person.

• Pie 1

21 hours ago, NAS said:

I have almost done a complete 180 on this guy. I used to think he was refreshing but the more I hear him speak in interviews, the more tired I get of all the coach speak.  I think eventually it will wear on the players too.  If there's anything players hate more than anything is when someone is not honest with them.  I'm hoping maybe he just spews out this nonsense with media and that he keeps it real with the players but everything suggests that they can't trust him either.  

I agree 

Think of the possibilities if he had just kept his mouth shut about Bridgewater 

coach speak is one thing 

running his mouth constantly is some thing else 

never trust a head coach who talks this much.  The nfl is high states poker and every had of his has been a loser 

Edited by raleigh-panther
  • Pie 1

16 hours ago, hepcat said:

I'm just not sure Rhule has the respect of the players. Rivera had a ton of respect in the locker room and from every player on the team. Former player, extremely well liked by almost everyone who has ever worked with him. 

Rhule is just a rah rah dude who I think has climbed the mountain faster than maybe he should have jumping to the NFL. Same with Joe Brady. The coaching staff is just inexperienced. I thought Rhule should have brought in a seasoned NFL caliber coordinator on one side of the ball, probably offense, to develop a young QB. 

I know this was what we are sold.  But I don't think Rhule is a rah rah dude either.   Dabo is a rah rah college coach.  

Rah rah coaches have real energy.   They are hype men.  Rhule doesn't look to bring that to the table.  They also connect with their players.  He mindbogglingly said he finally sat down with Sam Darnold in like week 7 or some poo and finally really talked to him. 

It's hard to name a single strength Matt Rhule actually has to date.   Seems like he is just a media creation of a "program builder".   Yet he never really did anything impressive in college in reality.   He won a single conference title in small time college football in his career.   That's not really program building.