• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Talk to me about WFT. What do you know?

Zod

2 hours ago, jamos14 said:

They used to be called the Redskins.   And a lot of people in NC like them for some reason.

It's called geography. Two factors. One , the games were initially carried on radio for free in the Carolinas when the Skins moved from Boston in the late 1940s (good marketing strategy for the times), and later carried on TV as this became  essentially a television market for them. Two, they were the closet NFL franchise to the Carolinas that had relative success. Atlanta as an expansion franchise, were perennial losers and never caught fire in this region. Then you have the "family" factor: "Grandpappy wuz a Skin's fan so I is a Skin's fan". Having said that I hope we beat the living dog crap out of them Sunday.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

a few in this thread have said they have a good defense, that is false. Their defense is trash

-26th in opponent yards per play given up at 5.9 yard per play! holy jesus that's bad

-they have given up 22 passing touchdowns which is good for 2nd worst in the league behind the colts (23) and for perspective we've given up 13 and the bills have given up 6

-27th in yards given up

- they do rank 5th in rushing defense but that might be skewed to people throwing all over them

- obviously they are on their backup qb who is sporatic at best and is our backup from the past who's shown no ability to be consistently good

- Their 2 best defensive players are out for the game (Montez Sweat with a broken Jaw, and Chase Young with a torn ACL)

- They are 1-3 on the road this year and the only win is Atlanta where they miraculously scored to win it with 33 seconds left, not to mention Atlanta is terrible.

- they rank 28th in scoring defense, giving up 27.3 points per game (we're 6th at 19.3)

- they are Dead last in the league in defensive 3rd down % at 55%, they are also 28th in defensive 4th down % at 71% (we are 33 and 31 respectively)

- They give out 2.7 pts per drive (31st), we give up 1.58 points per drive (3rd)

yada yada yada, they have a really bad defense, a decent running back, a good WR who should be covered by Gilmore/D Jax with no issues, and a below average qb and they are terrible on the road

• Pie 6
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

my most hated team outside our division.. i was one that wasn't too mad about beating them at the end of last year (which lost us 7 slots in the draft)..

gotta get the W this week..

We woulda had the number 1 pick in the draft if we had not beaten them last year?  That does not seem right...

Forget all these meanless stats. Simply put, the Panthers are a better all around football team than the Washington club and should win Sunday if they play like they are capable.

The fact that Cam will be starting or playing a lot should be an emotional uplift and prevent a flat performance.

The players and coaches will be sensing a possible playoff berth, which should give them an extra incentive to win.

Edited by KatsAzz
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

Forget all these meanless stats. Simply put, the Panthers are a better all around football team than the Washington club and should win Sunday if they play like they are capable.

The fact that Cam will be starting or playing a lot should be an emotional uplift and prevent a flat performance.

The players and coaches will be sensing a possible playoff berth, which should give them an extra incentive to win.

i expect all phases of the team to be hyped up and the crowd to be insane. momentum is going to go quick in our direction like it did in AZ. these guys are starved and Cam just brought Thanksgiving meal early.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 3