• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tag Reddick if we can't resign him

Jmac

The man is a force on this defense. He will probably get multiple offers and for high $$$ money to jump ship.

I would think he his definitely worth the tag if we can't resign him this season or the off season.

Don't let the top talent walk if possible. Defense needs his talent to stay elite.

Yes/no?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

11 minutes ago, trueblade said:

I need to see how else we need to resign. Gilmore and DJ immediately come to mind but there may be others.

Regardless, resigning Reddick needs to be a big priority.

I'd love to keep Gilmore but at his age and asking price, he seems like a luxury. We have at least two good young corners, maybe four (Henderson and Taylor).

We should have money for Reddick, DJ and Gilmore. I am thoroughly Cam into that mix at this point too.

I think we need to dumps some dead weight and have to let a guy like Jackson walk for a comp pick. Maybe June 1st Sam to split that complete waste. 

For sure. But I think Reddick is getting a nice 3 year deal out of this season. 

I don't see Gilmore coming back unless he takes that sweet hometown discount to keep his wife happy.

DJ Moore needs an extension but the price for him is tough to determine. Is he a top 10 WR? There's a lot of good ones out there right now. Someone would give him big money other than the Panthers. But I think you gotta keep him.

Would have been awesome to get Cam on a two year deal but I think he might be a candidate for 1 year extensions from here on out.

The one getting the tag might honestly be Donte Jackson. Seems like a guy who thinks he's worth more than the Panthers might be willing to pay him. He's become a solid player but has an injury prone history. I think he'd be better on the tag.

We can't afford to tag Reddick.  We have other people we need to sign.

I would love for us to sign him, but the question is does he want to stay.  He'll have to take less than market value.  Our biggest outlay this offseason is going to be QB.  Could be Newton or Watson or someone we haven't even thought of. 

45 minutes ago, BrianS said:

We can't afford to tag Reddick.  We have other people we need to sign.

I would love for us to sign him, but the question is does he want to stay.  He'll have to take less than market value.  Our biggest outlay this offseason is going to be QB.  Could be Newton or Watson or someone we haven't even thought of. 

Russell Wilson seems more and more to be on way out of Seattle and we need to keep him from going to Saints

4 minutes ago, FugginPoo said:

Russell Wilson seems more and more to be on way out of Seattle and we need to keep him from going to Saints

We can't.  Simple as that.

Yes, we're going to have some cap room this offseason, but we need it elsewhere.  DJ is gonna get 15 easily.  Donte will probably get 10.  Reddick will get 10-15.  Gilmore will get get 10-15.  Best guess at our cap space right now is around 40 million.

We already can't afford all those guys, and we need to spend on our OLine.  They were "better" this week, but we have to invest there going forward.

AND we still don't have a starting QB on our 2022 roster.

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

For sure. But I think Reddick is getting a nice 3 year deal out of this season. 

I don't see Gilmore coming back unless he takes that sweet hometown discount to keep his wife happy.

DJ Moore needs an extension but the price for him is tough to determine. Is he a top 10 WR? There's a lot of good ones out there right now. Someone would give him big money other than the Panthers. But I think you gotta keep him.

Would have been awesome to get Cam on a two year deal but I think he might be a candidate for 1 year extensions from here on out.

The one getting the tag might honestly be Donte Jackson. Seems like a guy who thinks he's worth more than the Panthers might be willing to pay him. He's become a solid player but has an injury prone history. I think he'd be better on the tag.

DJ is odd man out. Calling it right now. They’re gonna let him test FA and roll with Marshall and Robby then draft a replacement. Marshall has all the talent in the world to be a #1 just needs opportunities. If that guy is on the roster you don’t tie up cap space with a top 5 paid receiver. Which is what DJ will want. Marshall was drafted for a reason.