• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Packman on WFNZ just now....

stopncrank

I think we should get rid of Smith if its a advantage for us, ie if we get 3 or more draft picks for him, or if he demands to large of a salary. Otherwise, he is a great player who puts points on the board and fans in the seats (if we are winning).

If we were just a rotten team with limited talent (such as Detroit) I would say get rid of Smith and reboot the team. But the truth is we need to add a QB, revamp the dline and we have a team that is capable of competing at the highest levels.

The players we should get rid of are Delhomme and Peppers. Don't get me wrong, Peppers is a very good player, and has at times been dominant this year. But his salary breaks the bank so to speak. Even if we get nothing for him, he should still be gone if he will not take less money. Irt Jake, I don't think he has earned his salary (and thats putting it mildly).

I'm pretty sure we tried to get rid of Pep already, with no takers. Im not sure what he has done thus far this season makes his stock rise any more. Its a catch22 really, keep Smith and ride him till he retires possibly getting better, but more than likely getting worse. Or do you trade him with the possibility of getting a receiver plus a pick and rebuilding for the future? Truth is, if we keep Smitty, we need a Qb too. Get rid of Smitty and get that Qb via draft, then you have to go out and get receivers. Im not sold on all we need is a Qb and we are good, we have several positions that are questionable that trace back to not making changes and planning ahead. Sometimes not taking a chance is worse than actually taking one, this season is just one instance.

Priority #1 should be finding an NFL calibur QB no matter the cost. This offense needs to be more balanced. Stew should be traded, he will not get a 1st rounder so you people need to put that to rest.

He would most likely get us a 2nd and a 5th mabye. Take those picks and draft a good WR with the 2nd and trade a low rounder to Miami for Tyler Thigpen Then go out in FA or draft and find a between the tackles runner, DeAngelo doesn't need many touches to make an impact. TBH I think if the Chiefs kept Thigpen he would have been better than Cassell.

I give Smitty 2 years at best, then he starts going downhill, so regardless of who the HC and GM are next year, they might as well get something for him while they still can. I like and appreciate the way Steve Smith plays as much as anybody, but nobody on this team is untouchable.

Hell no Steve Smith is not the problem. QB is. You trade Smith we have nothing at WR, absolutely nothing.

I say don't trade anyone and mortgage the future draft picks.[/QUOTE]

At some point and time, you have to say enough with this. One could argue the flip side of this, if we didnt do this last year, we could be staring at a top ten draft pick this year, instead we get no 1st rounder and a situational DE.

Ahhhh-- So you would give up a legitimate threat that is in on every play over a kid who see's 15 snaps a game.

Smith draws double teams and has turned into one hell of a blocker.

He will be a threat for at least the next 4 years.

Stewart is very replaceable

Everybody is replacable, Smith included. And let`s face itj he isn`t consistently gettinfg separation and winning battles like he used to.

I`d add that there`s no way I want to have to depend in any significant manner on Mike Goodson.

Archived