• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ahhh fuck me

Ja  Rhule

I feel your pain dude!

I retired from the Air Force and finished my degree in Computer Science. I applied for over 20 jobs and got one phone call from the Social Security Commission who wanted to pay me 25K per year.

Needless to say I am now working at the DMV!:eek:

You almost have to have connections nowadays...it blows. Hell, the only reason I got the job I do now is cause my mom worked with the wife of one of the higher ups...and that's just a high school/college job. I can't even imagine trying to get into a more professional atmosphere.

You almost have to have connections nowadays...it blows. Hell, the only reason I got the job I do now is cause my mom worked with the wife of one of the higher ups...and that's just a high school/college job. I can't even imagine trying to get into a more professional atmosphere.

Yea, I got almost "0" connections in area of accounting/finance. It sucks... I put so much effort into making my resume look good. I done near 300 hours of community service (just so it would help me get a job), got 3 degrees with great GPA, was a member and pledge of 4 different clubs at college. Was working almost 30 hours a week and doing internship 20 hours a week. Had an interview with a guy from pricewaterhousecoopers, he told me that he party and drink his way through college. He graduated with pooty GPA (way less than 3.0) yet somehow he got a job with pwc and he has no idea how... That comment pissed me off so much...

I've been out of work for almost 5 months now. Had an interview that went great today, so fingers crossed.

I feel bad for anyone fresh out of college right now. A BS/BA is the new high school diploma.

yeap, college degree in any business major including accounting is pretty much worthless right now.

Archived