• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you think we have a realistic shot after a loss tomorrow?

onmyown

If we beat the Saints and Falcons, we will be 4-2 in the division and hold any tie breaker over them. We realistically just need to beat Dolphins, Saints, Falcons, and WFT and we are in the playoffs. The one thing that works in our favor is that we play the Bucs after they will have clinched a playoff spot and seeding. So expect rested players.

I'm not going to sit here and be a playoff hopeful and throw around speculation. However, if the above were to occur (and I believe this is the most likely and feasible scenario) then we are sitting in the 6/7 seed come December.

Edited by TheCasillas

This season has been so screwy for so many teams I don't know how you can cement all but a couple teams in or out of the playoffs.

Some teams you'd think we're sure things have had issues come up that put them on shaky ground and other teams you think wouldn't have a chance are now only a game or two out. 

I like our chances mainly because the league is just so unpredictable right now.

let me preface saying I love the cam signing.......however:

I will ask this again, wtf is the end game here?  We face a total thread the needle type schedule to make the playoffs and I am not seeing how finishing 8-9 is doing jack poo in building this franchise.  I get the "win every game" mantra but damn man at some point there needs to be a clear and concise plan on how to build for the future and picking in the purgatory teens isnt it. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

This season has been so screwy for so many teams I don't know how you can cement all but a couple teams in or out of the playoffs.

Some teams you'd think we're sure things have had issues come up that put them on shaky ground and other teams you think wouldn't have a chance are now only a game or two out. 

I like our chances mainly because the league is just so unpredictable right now.

someone posted a stat the other day and in the past 25 years a team with an oline ranked in the high 20's has never made the playoffs.  There is just no way to overcome that.  I think we lose sunday and cam comes in and we go .500 from here on out.    Then you have to sit back and wonder what the fug was the point of it all.

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

let me preface saying I love the cam signing.......however:

I will ask this again, wtf is the end game here?  We face a total thread the needle type schedule to make the playoffs and I am not seeing how finishing 8-9 is doing jack poo in building this franchise.  I get the "win every game" mantra but damn man at some point there needs to be a clear and concise plan on how to build for the future and picking in the purgatory teens isnt it. 

Giving our young players playoff experience is extremely valuable. It’s something you build off of. I hope we get in just for that.

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I get that but the chances of us making the playoffs are slim to none and slim just left the building

Gotta try. And hopefully cam is resigned next year while we keep looking for our next franchise qb. He provides stability so we don’t keep doing these dumb fuging trades for terrible qbs. 

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I get the "win every game" mantra but damn man at some point there needs to be a clear and concise plan on how to build for the future and picking in the purgatory teens isnt it. 

I agree with you about picking a clear plan for the future, but disagree with you about picking in the teens being purgatory. Unlike most years in the NBA, in the NFL you can get great talent to build around in the teens just because there are a lot more players to choose from.

Just now, jayboogieman said:

I agree with you about picking a clear plan for the future, but disagree with you about picking in the teens being purgatory. Unlike most years in the NBA, in the NFL you can get great talent to build around in the teens just because there are a lot more players to choose from.

Our own FO said there are only about 16 players in each draft that are a difference maker.  Picking 15ish severely limits our ability in that regard and this roster needs a major talent overall. 

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

I wish we had signed him to a 2 year 18 millionish deal.  That would solve a lot of problems IMO. 

Yeah my hope was 3 or 4 with voidable year in the last one. We’ll see. I hope he balls out. He’s definitely banking on himself with the half year prove it deal. This qb room needs to be revamped in a big way next year.