• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Opinions on who is at fault for Cam's departure??

WOW!!

Alot of y’all werent there for that TNF game against Tampa

my stance was always to let 2020 be Cam’s prove it year and go from there but I don’t blame any regime for watching the last few games of  the end of 2018 and that TNF game against Tampa and being convinced Cam was done. I remember after that game one of those twitter film guys who was always a huge Cam supporter was breaking down all of his throws and being convinced he was done . I personally thought he was, my issue was we could have let him prove for one season that he wasnt. It was such an easy and logical choice for me that had zero risk and huge rewards

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, KillaCamNewton said:

Alot of y’all werent there for that TNF game against Tampa

my stance was always to let 2020 be Cam’s prove it year and go from there but I don’t blame any regime for watching the last few games of  the end of 2018 and that TNF game against Tampa and being convinced Cam was done. I remember after that game one of those twitter film guys who was always a huge Cam supporter was breaking down all of his throws and being convinced he was done . I personally thought he was, my issue was we could have let him prove for one season that he wasnt. It was such an easy and logical choice for me that had zero risk and huge rewards

I sometimes watch some of the talking heads opinions when we make big time signings and this Nick guy hits on it perfectly. If you move on from Cam you better be damn sure you have a plan. What we have done since has been a disaster.

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, Cookie Lyon said:

THIS

Just curious. You don’t think Cam’s injury history and indirectly asking for a new contract on social media had anything to do with it? You think it was 100% one-sided and Cam did everything perfect from his side?

I think it was handled poorly from both sides, but it is obviously totally fine to have a different take on it.

I’m really happy to have Cam back btw, but again I think both sides had some responsibility for how it went down.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 3

3 minutes ago, firefox1234 said:

I understood the logic of letting Cam go. It was the following decisions at the QB position that I’m pissed about…

I wanted him back for that last year because I wanted to believe he wasn't done. The truth is, it wouldn't have helped him much nor would it have helped us much.

But, like you said, the decision was amplified by the bad Teddy contract and then the trade/5th year option for Sam fuging Darnold.

Hindsight is always tough but it wasn't that hard to not make the bad decisions that we DID make. That is what ended up being so upsetting.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, MechaZain said:

Rhule's press conference debunked this for me. A lot of praise for his ethic and said he liked being around Cam. It really seems like it was 100% about his health and that they feel a lot better about where he is now.

You believe anything that lying grifter says? 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

No 1 side is fully to blame.  If there is a culprit in all this it would either be Ego (not Igo), or Pride.

Cam did not want to play for (not)Rivera.  Was a Hurney pick, the unquestioned face of the franchise, and a loyal Jerry supporter.

On the flip?

Mind-numbingly obtuse, fat fingered, naïveté at Every. Single.  LEVEL. From cocky coach, to hedge fund money dummy owner.

2 hours ago, Icege said:

Don't care.

All that matters is the upcoming game against Arizona.

Through it all this is the truth. We know the mistakes. There will be plenty of time to talk about it in the offseason. But for now it is time to put that aside and try to enjoy football again. We don't need the offense to be great. Just move the ball and score some points.