• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Things are not well on Mint Street.

Zod

1 hour ago, ickmule said:

Truth is Rhule needs to go.

I don't think he will but there is certainly plenty of precedent for canning a coach after 2-years or less...

If Tepper thinks it is the right move the buyout won't be an impediment in any way -- simply loose change in the car seat on a relative basis for him.

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, Stuart Smith said:

I cannot see Rhule getting fired with the massive contract he has. It could he a buyout if he and Tepper both agree. I don’t see firing Brady only to promote Sean Ryan to offensive coordinator, he hasn’t exactly impressed me as a quarterback coach. Putting together a coaching staff without more seasoned coaches on the staff has been a misstep.  I do think Fitterer will be ok long term. I believe Rhule controlled draft picks as much or more than Fitterer. Remember the joke about Matt Rhule’s wife liking Chiba Hubbard, asking for him to be a draft pick? Might be one of the more solid picks. I don’t think the personnel on this team is awful. Draft or sign some decent O. Lineman and with a middle of the road quarterback this team is at least a .500 ball club.

Rhule can be fired at any time. It's a matter of Tepper pulling the trigger. All he has to do is pay Rhule what he owes him.

23 hours ago, TheoJay10 said:

If nothing comes of this rumor it will just be another thing to add to the laundry list of annoyances this team causes Panthers fans. 

Looks like nothing is coming from it. It’s Tuesday and we still have the same lame ass staff with zero shake up.  

1 hour ago, ickmule said:

Looks like nothing is coming from it. It’s Tuesday and we still have the same lame ass staff with zero shake up.  

1.  It's been one day.  It's technically still "this week".  In fact it will probably be still "this week" for several more days now.

2.  That said, nothing is happening this week with the staff. 🙄

• Beer 1

On 11/8/2021 at 5:48 AM, chknwing said:

expectations were far too high for this season, the team, and Darnold.  This is a work in progress.  Early season success had created an opportunity for disappointment.  Come down off the ledge.  It's going to be ok.  Lets finish rebuilding the team, get atleast a full year to have the team gel together before we allow those super bowl expectations to sneak back in.

The reality is the team has no one to blame but the decision not to put a better oline Infront of Sam.  His poor performances can be directly tied to the oline problems.  How could they expect Sam to improve behind the line he has been playing behind.  And it only gets worse at this point. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1