• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does it even matter who the QB is at this point?

It does not. Rhule is basically on paid vacation, the fact that a couple weeks ago he had a sit down with darnold and flat out said it's the first time they've really had a conversation is fireable offense alone. The HC of the team hadn't talked to the starting QB until a quarter way through the season? Thats not normal folks. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Captroop said:

It doesn't matter. It's the line. No QB will look good or have the chance to succeed behind our second and third string line, who would struggle to make a scout team for most other franchises. 

Sam's looked bad, but I still don't think we can evaluate him. As a pro, we've only ever gotten to see him behind a terrible line. I doubt we'll see him next year, because the fans will have soured on him, just like they did with Teddy and demand a change. 

But until the line gets fixed, it's just gonna be this pattern of bring in QB, QB looks like crap because he's running for his life, fans turn on QB, trade/draft/spend FA dollars on new QB, repeat.

100%. The offense won’t be any good until the line gets addressed. I’d rather trade back and get a couple of interior d-line than draft a qb and set them up behind this garbage.

It’s not exactly the same BUT I’m a State fan and I remember when we hired Dave Doeren. He went 23-4 at NIU…supposed to be building a program. 

Comes to NCSU and frankly I thought he sucked. Mediocre at best results. Couldn’t ever get over the hump. Teams looked careless. But he did SOME good things. 

Fast forward last couple years…when healthy and playing his best players State is pretty good. 

Players matter and nobody is more important than the QB. Rhules teams have done SOME good things. The defense is good (but can’t be on the field all game). The running game has been solid. The ST is coming around. The elephant in the room is the offense as a whole and the offense isn’t going to o function without a QB. 

Doeren found a QB. Rhule needs to as well. 

Edited by unicar15