• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The 2022 NFL Draft QB class is giving off 2013 vibes

trueblade

You draft OL in the first if it’s a can’t miss prospect, and you take your lumps next season. The next draft is when you get your QB. In the meantime, you try to convince players like Riddick and DJ to stay. This team has talent, but you need a QB and line to be successful in this league.

You do that, or you bet the farm on an established top 5 QB like Watson, but I don’t know if he’ll want to come here now.

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Wrong already addressed this.

Hes been the most efficient QB in the nation this season. While missing his top 3 WR and battling two sprained ankles. Do you even watch college football????

Corral actually known for his arm strength, he had the strongest arm in his class. Won a HS competition. There’s ton of tape of him throwing 60 yards out there. Lol

HS competition to NFL is laughable.

and lobbing a 60 yarder isn’t necessarily “arm Strength”.

there’s plenty of tape of Will Grier, even Teddy doing stuff like that.

Arm Talent is being able to put it through tight windows with velocity. 

2 minutes ago, ncfan said:

HS competition to NFL is laughable.

and lobbing a 60 yarder isn’t necessarily “arm Strength”.

there’s plenty of tape of Will Grier, even Teddy doing stuff like that.

Arm Talent is being able to put it through tight windows with velocity. 

Corral arm has never been in question, ever.

25 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Wrong already addressed this.

Hes been the most efficient QB in the nation this season. While missing his top 3 WR and battling two sprained ankles. Do you even watch college football????

Corral actually known for his arm strength, he had the strongest arm in his class. Won a HS competition. There’s ton of tape of him throwing 60 yards out there. Lol

Lots of guys can throw 60 yards but I never questioned his arm strength. 

10 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Corral arm has never been in question, ever.

Literally 2 of those passes just pointed to what I said just lobbing a 60 yards pas.  There’s plenty of clips of Will Grier, etc doing this in college.  The Louisville one was nice, and that was his best game all year.  But he hasn’t been consistent making those passes all year.
Arm Talent is constantly making passes like that Louisville one all the time. Not 1 or 2 every few games.

To me he is Sam Darnold minus the turnovers.  

His 2020 season was dam near a split near image of Darnold’s.  The Turnovers, decision making.  The way he sets his feet (or lack of) with the slight bounce, etc.

i mean literally if we’re just talking him throwing deep shots.  And you just said he is better than Fields

Edited by ncfan

The thing is I remember how peeps talked about Allen, Mahomes, & Herbert in their draft classes. Still remember a crowd wanting Gabbert (along with Dareus and PP) over Cam.  I've also seen a lot of wishing Herbert fell but people wanted to avoid him like the plague on here.

And I'm sorry but Mac Jones, Zach Wilson, & Justin Fields don't look that special, and you can typically at least parse out the busts vs. needing time folks by now.

Looking at Pickett, Howell, & Strong for example...I mean, there's not some steep differential in looking at other years.  Honestly, last year looks like crap right meow.

Willis, Corral, Ridder, etc. are indeed gambles but there's a few that could play pretty quickly IMO.  NFL arms, with great deep ball accuracy.  

I will reserve judgement on this class.  If Strong didn't have his knee history, he's #1 hands down even considering his average/slower mobility.

You either take the chance or wait for a diamond in the rough while building the rest.    I think there's 5 who's potential warrants top-30 picks, 3 of them could play fairly quickly.

4 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Literally 2 of those passes just pointed to what I said just lobbing a 60 yards pas.  There’s plenty of clips of Will Grier, etc doing this in college.  The Louisville one was nice, and that was his best game all year.  But he hasn’t been consistent making those passes all year.  To me size arm strength arm talent etc he is Sam Darnold minus the turnovers.  

His 2020 season was dam near a split near image of Darnold’s.  The Turnovers, decision making.  The way he sets his feet (or lack of) with the slight bounce, etc.

He’s nothing like Darnold or Grier. Grier has a water pistol, and needs to contort his arm just to throw it 50 yards, Corral is a effortless thrower. If you can’t see that idk what to tell you.

Darnold never cleaned up his turnovers at USC and progressively got worse with the number 2 recruiting class in the country. Corral has cleaned up his turnovers to the point of being the most efficient QB in the country, Ole Miss does not have USC talent. Kiffin has been inclining Corral is the most talented QB he has ever coached and he’s coached a ton of QBs.

He’s the real deal 

12 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

He’s nothing like Darnold or Grier. Grier has a water pistol, and needs to contort his arm just to throw it 50 yards, Corral is a effortless thrower. If you can’t see that idk what to tell you.

Darnold never cleaned up his turnovers at USC and progressively got worse with the number 2 recruiting class in the country. Corral has cleaned up his turnovers to the point of being the most efficient QB in the country, Ole Miss does not have USC talent. Kiffin has been inclining Corral is the most talented QB he has ever coached and he’s coached a ton of QBs.

He’s the real deal 

Kiffin is building up his QB as any smart coach should but it appears you have sold yourself on Corral for some reason.  As a possible #1 pick he is extremely risky considering what he is right now.  Talent is there but he will need a lot of time and patience.