• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper: Stop the Stadium from Being Overran on a Constant Basis

Seltzer

He doesn’t need to worry about the PSL owners and fans; especially here in Carolina. You get a winner in here and the fans will come, even if the current fans are replaced. You don’t go into the offseason trying to get a good ole boy like Delhomme; aka someone who will bring the same inconsistencies were used to. 

Even with Jake, this state as a whole has never really cared about the panthers. You need a true game changer, and marketable player

• Flames 1

5 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

He doesn’t need to worry about the PSL owners and fans; especially here in Carolina. You get a winner in here and the fans will come, even if the current fans are replaced. You don’t go into the offseason trying to get a good ole boy like Delhomme; aka someone who will bring the same inconsistencies were used to. 

Even with Jake, this state as a whole has never really cared about the panthers. You need a true game changer, and marketable player

The first part you got correct, not so much the second part.  In 2003, for example, the stadium was mostly full especially as the season wore on and we were winning.  By season's end, the place was packed.  Playoffs?  The place was wall to wall with Panthers fans.  Nobody really knew about Jake or cared about his weird cajun accent, but he was winning football games.   It's hard to say that Jake was some kind of marketing gem.  Heck, even his Bo Jangles commercials were goofy as heck.

2 hours ago, Seltzer said:

This is my biggest request as a 16 season (and unfortunately counting) PSL holder.  Tepper needs to address this as soon as the season is over.

I hate the losing, full stop, but nothing has made me question my commitment to this team more than the stadium being taken over by opposing fans.

I'm tired of experiencing it, I'm tired of trying to bring my son into Panthers fandom with all of it, and I'm tired for all the loyal Panthers fans who have tried to stick by the team.

Another wasted season is bad enough... if I am going to have to suffer through this BS excuse for an offense, the least I can ask is to endure the humiliation amongst actual Panthers fans without having to have other fans gloat while I waste another day and several hundred dollars on what is proving to be a futile endeavor.

It's just adding a layer of embarrassment and humiliation that I can't continue to ignore...

Tepper is worth $14B+.  If he cares about this fan base, he will do something as soon as humanly possible, finances be damned.

I understand winning is the best thing for the fanbase, but in lieu of that (since "developing sustained success" evidently is a 5 year-plus plan), I need something from Tepper that lets me and the other loyal fans know he cares.

It's not even the money, although the financial commitment is significant.  I'm tired of pouring my heart and soul into supporting the team live when it seems like no one cares.

I'm not a blowhard who says I'm not going to watch (b/c I will), but I can't continue to waste my time and money and Sundays with my son on this nonsense.

I'm not spoiled enough to believe I deserve a win as a fan, but I do deserve a better stadium experience.  

If Tepper can't provide that, he should sell the team to someone who can.  

I'd rather have a half full stadium of Panthers fans than a 3/4 full stadium with 40+% opposing teams fans.  And that is honestly the case at this point.

It's absolutely out of control and is more demoralizing to me than anything else.

I can continue to be patient on this master plan, but not with the current disregard for PSL owners who want to support the team.

Tepper should cancel the PSL's for owners who sell their tickets consistently and buy them out.  It may be a short-term loss, but he should be worried about the current trajectory of the Panthers most loyal fans towards apathy.

It simply cannot continue like this if the Panthers want the support from the most committed fans.

End rant, but I know there are thousands of other PSL owners like me that have had enough of the BS.

What the flying fug is Tepper supposed to do about the assclowns who live and travel to that shithole city?

2 hours ago, BIGH2001 said:

Suck for a few more years and then the city refuses to pay for his stadium and he'll be gone to San Antonio or somewhere like that. Piece of poo.

To be fair to him the Panthers haven't worked in Charlotte, as evidenced by the OP.

The fan base is awful. Maybe take them to a city that will embrace them.

10 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

The first part you got correct, not so much the second part.  In 2003, for example, the stadium was mostly full especially as the season wore on and we were winning.  By season's end, the place was packed.  Playoffs?  The place was wall to wall with Panthers fans.  Nobody really knew about Jake or cared about his weird cajun accent, but he was winning football games.   It's hard to say that Jake was some kind of marketing gem.  Heck, even his Bo Jangles commercials were goofy as heck.

You know what, I can agree with this somewhat. Only problem with Jake was he wasn’t consistent and he wasn’t going to be consistent. The injury had something to do with it, I will admit that 

32 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

Those are people who are looking to sell them on their own instead/before they give up on them... if you contact the Panthers directly there are many PSLs for sale... that is a result of people forfeiting them and them defaulting back to the Panthers which keeps them off the secondary market.

Yes, I'm aware.

What sort of reliable/verifiable info are you seeing that indicates any material change in the lapse rate of PSL's? 

• Poo 1

Just now, AggieLean said:

You know what, I can agree with this somewhat. Only problem with Jake was he wasn’t consistent and he wasn’t going to be consistent. The injury had something to do with it, I will admit that 

Hurney magic was re-signing Jake when they knew his arm was busted.  Prior to the injury, Jake was better more times than not.  We were at least winning, if not playoff contenders with him before he blew out his elbow.

2 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

I figured it would have been obvious that if the fans quit coming to the games enough for him to want to move the team, they wouldn't be paying for tickets.

The only path I see to your scenario is if he somehow acquires Mr. Whip-It-Out...

...that would be worst case.

• Poo 1

Sports aren't really regional anymore, especially with the advent of the internet and stuff like Sunday Ticket and other forms of out of market coverage.  It isn't like you're in Charlotte => you're a Panthers fan, especially if the Panthers were mediocre to painfully shitty as they've been with few exceptions since 1995.  OP pointed it out too but you can't discount the transplant factor.  If you live in the region and your dad is like a Steelers fan or something why would you care about the Panthers.

Richardson did a lot to pioneer the PSL model and he clearly didn't give a crap about visiting fans taking over his stadium, and I doubt Tepper does either.  He just ripped out the playing surface at possible detriment to his players so his venue can host shitty pop country and classic rock nostalgia acts more efficiently which should tell you something.

My concern isn’t even that the opposing fans are there. But between the enormous number of opposing fans, the new group that is running security, and is noticeably less involved, and the more “adult” atmosphere, promoting beer sales and whatnot, it’s creating quite an atmosphere on gamedays. 

I gotta say, it was loud and awesome for the first couple games in ways it previously wasn’t until the playoffs. But since we started struggling I have seen flying drinks, fighting, the video from the bathroom a few weeks back and all kinds of stuff. I’m not clutching the pearls, it’s just a very different atmosphere. The Patriots fans weren’t singing the goodbye song at panthers fans leaving, there was a brawl up in the 500 level and the panthers fans had to be moved out of that section. That’s when they started singing. I have really thought twice about wanting the wife/kids at these games these days. 

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, ImfromClayton said:

My concern isn’t even that the opposing fans are there. But between the enormous number of opposing fans, the new group that is running security, and is noticeably less involved, and the more “adult” atmosphere, promoting beer sales and whatnot, it’s creating quite an atmosphere on gamedays. 

I gotta say, it was loud and awesome for the first couple games in ways it previously wasn’t until the playoffs. But since we started struggling I have seen flying drinks, fighting, the video from the bathroom a few weeks back and all kinds of stuff. I’m not clutching the pearls, it’s just a very different atmosphere. The Patriots fans weren’t singing the goodbye song at panthers fans leaving, there was a brawl up in the 500 level and the panthers fans had to be moved out of that section. That’s when they started singing. I have really thought twice about wanting the wife/kids at these games these days. 

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If you're a grown ass adult getting in a physical fight over sports fandom, you need to reevaluate everything about your life. It's not because of any "adult" atmosphere or *GASP!* promoting beer sales. It's because some people are classless pieces of poo with room temperature IQs.

You are both right 

I’ve attend games as a single ticket holder, 1996 to 2001 and now as a PSL Holder from 2002 to now 

Gameday experience has changed drastically this year and not for the better 

The team is not playing well.  There seems to be a lot more alcohol and a lot more drunks, little control of it, plus opposing fans.  That is a really bad mixture and telling the truth, it’s not fun, and starting to be not safe to be there 

if I had kids younger than 16, or even a living parent or grandparent, I would not bring them to that stadium and I have never felt that way before 

opening day, and I’m on the 300 level, the pregame music that I understand was chosen by the players was piped into the common areas and hearing some of this music, was bad.  Bad to womaN. Language  atrocious. Sex acts, you nam it. Then the  five guys in back of us, totally drunk and obnoxious and these were not teenagers  

Each successive week, it got worse   After the Minnesota game, we decided to take a break from it for the first time in years 

to be very Frank, the stadium seems boring, soulless, overrun by  drunks and not particularly safe 

…and safety, to be clear,  is not something I ever worried about  i sadly do now.  Im in no hurry to go back  I’ve shared these issues with my representative for the seats they would need to tighten up an awful lot for me to go back there.  

• Pie 1

13 hours ago, BIGH2001 said:

Suck for a few more years and then the city refuses to pay for his stadium and he'll be gone to San Antonio or somewhere like that. Piece of poo.

Ugh that would be my worst nightmare honestly. I’d love for an NFL team to move to central Texas. I would consider bumping down the Panthers in my fandom for the new team close to me. But if that team was just the Panthers moved here I’d be very sad.