• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper: Stop the Stadium from Being Overran on a Constant Basis

Seltzer

1 minute ago, jayboogieman said:

I don't blame you for venting. Sometimes it helps to get things off your chest. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Tepper moves the team. He's not a southern guy and would probably prefer a northern city or a larger one. Toronto could be a destination for an NFL team.

Maybe the Jags will move here then. 

disgusted married with children GIF

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

I'm starting to honestly become concerned that is the trajectory this team is on.  I didn't go to games back in 2001, but the stadium environment has become the worst I've seen in 16 years.  

It's not just the poor performance of the team, although that certainly plays a big part.  And it didn't happen overnight.

Many things since 2006 have taken the shine off of attending live.  HD TV viewing, the expense and time of attending a game, fantasy football, Covid, etc. have all led to less crowd engagement and "butts in the seats."

Other people have rightly referenced TV revenues and the fact that live attendance certainly doesn't make or break a team financially when the TV contracts are so big.

But a piss poor stadium environment looks bad, and you're right, Tepper could ultimately blame the Panthers fans and just walk away.

I'm just saying it's not on us as fans, we have done our part, and we don't feel like the owner cares at all.

Ultimately, everyone is right that I alone really have no influence over the NFL machine.

It is still cathartic nonetheless to vent to the only group of people that may understand.

In the end, all I can reiterate is that the current stadium experience is awful and unsustainable if the desired result is an engaged fanbase.

I've been to lots of away stadiums, most recently Green Bay and Chicago. The atmosphere of the fans and the football experience is just miles ahead of what we have.  I went to the Minnesota game this year which was my first game at BOA since the NFC Championship. I couldn't believe how much worse the game felt than it did back then. Even the walk into the stadium wasn't the same. Uptown looked run down as well.

1 minute ago, Seltzer said:

I certainty understand your sentiment. And the free market part of me understands why PSL owners sell their tickets. 

But while that is good for them individually, the aggregate effect is collectively awful for the team and the fanbase.

I certainty don't have the authority or for that matter the answer to this problem.

I'm just there at BOA and I know how bad the problem has become

The problem is the product, 100%.  If the team was considerably better: a) less PSL owners would sell their tickets weekly b) people may actually buy PSLs and c) as a big of a melting pot as Charlotte has become, everyone likes to be associated with a winner and all those Steelers, Bills, Giants, Eagles etc.. fans would pony up for a Panthers jersey just to be part of something special. 

Build a winner and the fans will come. 

• Beer 2

3 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

I've been to lots of away stadiums, most recently Green Bay and Chicago. The atmosphere of the fans and the football experience is just miles ahead of what we have.  I went to the Minnesota game this year which was my first game at BOA since the NFC Championship. I couldn't believe how much worse the game felt than it did back then. Even the walk into the stadium wasn't the same. Uptown looked run down as well.

ha wow, those two games were my last two game day experiences as well. Just overall so terrible to see a sea of purple throughout the place. its embarrassing and I have almost no urge to go back.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, DJ feed me moore said:

ha wow, those two games were my last two game day experiences as well. Just overall so terrible to see a sea of purple throughout the place. its embarrassing and I have almost no urge to go back.

I won't go back until they have drafted a rookie QB or signed a competent veteran and have changed coaching staffs to a group with NFL experience. 

24 minutes ago, Seltzer said:
37 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

If the fans refuse to come to games, he'll simply move the team and not care one bit.

I'm starting to honestly become concerned that is the trajectory this team is on.

No chance Tepper moves the team.

Tepper doesn't care if fans refuse to come to the games --- he only cares that they retain the PSL's and keep meeting their obligation to pay for season tickets...

...he knows they be back in the stadium when the team starts winning.

Edited by SizzleBuzz

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

The problem is the product, 100%.  If the team was considerably better: a) less PSL owners would sell their tickets weekly b) people may actually buy PSLs and c) as a big of a melting pot as Charlotte has become, everyone likes to be associated with a winner and all those Steelers, Bills, Giants, Eagles etc.. fans would pony up for a Panthers jersey just to be part of something special. 

Build a winner and the fans will come. 

Everything you said is correct. But what is going to be done in the interim? 

This team isn't close to becoming a contender IMHO. I wish I could say differently.

PSL owners are dropping and have been dropping for several years. Bad teams and Covid have only accelerated the process.

The team has quietly stopped reporting on consecutive sellouts bc the games aren't sold out...

The TV revenues pay for the team. That's not in doubt.

What is in doubt is whether an engaged fanbase, which has supported this team since Day 1 with PSLs, is going to continue in an environment that is constantly sucking the Fandom out of us

1 hour ago, AceBoogie said:

Well I actually forfeited my 4 PSLs this year. Couldn’t get anybody to buy them and I’d be damn if I pay thousands of dollars for a team with Sam Darnold at QB. 

Win games consistently.

Stop signing bums at QB. 

Understand that fans would rather watch a rookie play bad than someone else’s mistake fail again. 

The organization loves that you forfeited those.  Just means they can sell it to another sucker.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Tepper doesn't care if fans refuse to come to the games --- he only cares that they retain the PSL's and keep meeting their obligation to pay for season tickets...

...he knows they be back in the stadium when the team starts winning.

I figured it would have been obvious that if the fans quit coming to the games enough for him to want to move the team, they wouldn't be paying for tickets.

1 hour ago, AceBoogie said:

Well I actually forfeited my 4 PSLs this year. Couldn’t get anybody to buy them and I’d be damn if I pay thousands of dollars for a team with Sam Darnold at QB. 

Win games consistently.

Stop signing bums at QB. 

Understand that fans would rather watch a rookie play bad than someone else’s mistake fail again. 

You are absolutely right. Mine were up for renewal and I renewed thinking they would draft a QB1 

not only did  they not draft a QB1, they didn’t draft a LT and they brought in someone else’s trash and extended said trash   When I heard they were brining in Darnold, I couldn’t believe it 

I'm very much over it.  I really plan on not attending again this year and not paying for renewal depending on the draft 

as I told another poster, ‘Clausen was bad but we understood Fox and Jr were at war and the nfl collective bargaining agreement was in full force ‘

this is different  totally self inflected wounds….from the college coaching staff to the Baylor and temple boys to not getting key nfl concepts 

AND DONT LOSE HOME  GAMES  CARDINAL SIN AND THEY ARE GOOD AT IT  

Paying fans have  had enough 

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Tepper doesn't care if fans refuse to come to the games --- he only cares that they retain the PSL's and keep meeting their obligation to pay for season tickets.

That's the thing. PSL owners are dropping them and forfeiting their investment in droves.

I'm a long way from saying or even thinking the team will be moved.

But this has to be on Tepper's radar. A team without cheering fans is a problem regardless of the financials.

Panthers fans have supported this team through thick and thin. 

I no longer believe based on what I'm seeing as a long term PSL owners that that level of support still exists, and the clock is ticking before true apathy sets in

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, panfanman said:

The organization loves that you forfeited those.  Just means they can sell it to another sucker.

Based on what I see with my own eyes and the constant calls/emails from the Panthers about buying more PSLs, that list of suckers is much shorter than it used to be.

The number of suckers to sell them to has dropped precipitously over the last few years.

Tepper can not be blind to this fact.

The Panthers had sold-out every game from 2002-2018.

They quietly stopped referencing it in 2019, and Covid only made it worse.

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

I've been to lots of away stadiums, most recently Green Bay and Chicago. The atmosphere of the fans and the football experience is just miles ahead of what we have. 

Amazing how a couple hundred years of history affects the "atmosphere"...

Panthers have never had back-to-back winning seasons and only 7 winning seasons in 27 years...

...why is everyone so pissed-off all of a sudden?

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Amazing how a couple hundred years of history affects the "atmosphere"...

Panthers have never had back-to-back winning seasons and only 7 winning seasons in 27 years...

...why is everyone so pissed-off all of a sudden?

The Bears haven't been any good for a majority of the last 30+ years. Stop using this excuse. The Panthers have been around long enough to have multiple generations of fans at this point. The bottom line is that the team and the product suck, possibly worse than at any point in our history. 

• Pie 1