• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Phillip Rivers?

Raleigh PF

Rumor has it that he would consider the Saints if they came knocking.  No mention of the Panthers. 

Why would he risk his health behind this Oline....I presume he would like to still be intact when he has grandchildren.

Edited by Jmac
  • Beer 5

1 hour ago, Jmac said:

Rumor has it that he would consider the Saints if they came knocking.  No mention of the Panthers. 

Why would he risk his health behind this Oline....I presume he would like to still be intact when he has grandchildren.

This plus he has not chance at playoffs with our team, like he is going to go to a team that thinks that have a chance if they lose their quarterback which would be saints.

1 minute ago, BurnNChinn said:

This plus he has not chance at playoffs with our team, like he is going to go to a team that thinks that have a chance if they lose their quarterback which would be saints.

Well, with Rivers we have a chance AT the playoffs with that extra berth. Now the chances of a deep playoff run with this OL?? Not very likely. 

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

One of my favorite players of all time....would have loved to see him in a Panthers uniform.

Past tense is meant to be there.

Rivers was still playing at a high level for Indy but I don't think he has Brady or Brees longevity. If he doesn't, playing behind this line would send him down the road quickly.

54 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Rivers was still playing at a high level for Indy but I don't think he has Brady or Brees longevity. If he doesn't, playing behind this line would send him down the road quickly.

He can be efficient, no doubt about it...but not with this O Line.

I watched him very closely last year, and while Rivers never had a gun, he could barely get a 10 yard out to his guy without a perfect pocket.

He could play well for the Saints, I think he would end up tarring his rep here though.

Hate he never got a shot at a ring after that 06 debacle with LT going out and him having to play on a torn ACL in a playoff game...was always going to be hard in that conference with the Steelers and Ravens always being who they are, and Brady and Manning I perfecting their craft.

• Beer 1