• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhules' QB clusterfick

cranky

As I watched the game yesterday, I couldn't help but think of what a ficked up mess Rhule has created. Basically he cut Newton, brought in Bridgewater but then gave up after a single season but is still currently paying him 7 million to play with the Broncos, has already guaranteed Darnold 18.8 million to play next year and gave up a 2nd, 4th and 6th in the draft for him.

So to sum up, the Panthers/Rhule have spent 25 million as well as a give up a 2nd, 4th and 6th round draft pick to entertain us with that offensive display yesterday. That is just unacceptable and really makes me question his ability to make personnel decisions going forward.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

7 minutes ago, Pantherxtreme said:

Should have stuck with Teddy and let him be the Bridge (heck it's in his name) until you find an upgrade at Qb.

The offense would be able to play much more complimentary football with an improved defense, definitely would have a better record and still have our draft picks to boot.

Total mismanagement. 

For whatever reason him and Brady didn't get along. It was the reason they moved on. It seems now Darnald has lost faith as well. Pretty telling. 

From Peter King's FMIA this morning, suggesting that our Darnold situation may not be as bad as it could be:

I think the Thursday night game told me one other thing: For the 11th time in 16 years next March, the Denver Broncos are likely to be in the market for a long-term quarterback. I empathize with Teddy Bridgewater, playing hurt the way he’s doing right now. But either Bridgewater or Drew Lock is going to have to show a lot more than they have in the past three months to convince GM George Paton to not pursue again the quarterback of the future in Denver. Those the Broncos have tried: Jay Cutler, Kyle Orton, The Golden Calf of Bristol, Peyton Manning (a different story; they knew he’d give them three or four very good years, he did, but Manning never was the “long-term” guy), Brock Osweiler, Trevor Siemian, Paxton Lynch, Case Keenum, Joe Flacco, Drew Lock and Bridgewater.

47 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Or, hear me out: should have never acquired Teddy or Darnold. Imagine that...

Exactly. I know hindsight is perfect but if they had, they probably would have had a similar record plus 25 million in cap space, a 2nd, 4th and a 6th round pick.