• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What did they see in Darnold?

GoobyPls

9 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

1 pick ... I know you want to act like we didn't get those picks back.. But reality is all we end up giving up is 1 2nd round pick for Sam... 

And I don't blame the effort nor do I think it was a crazy plan... It has worked before when a highly drafted QB goes to a different team and has a better career..

Favre, Young, Brees, and others...

Farve hot garbage in Atlanta,  Young and Doug Williams hot Garbage in Tampa..

We didn’t get those picks back in exchange for nothing. It dropped our draft positions and made us miss out on more talented players. If we did not acquire Sam and still made those moves we would have even more picks. The cost of Sam was still 3 picks. Not crazy high picks, but 3. 
Put it this way, if I buy a house for 500,000 and sell some other possessions for 200,000 the cost of the house doesn’t magically drop to 300,000. It’s still a 500,000 expense. 

• Pie 3
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

We didn’t get those picks back in exchange for nothing. It dropped our draft positions and made us miss out on more talented players. If we did not acquire Sam and still made those moves we would have even more picks. The cost of Sam was still 3 picks. Not crazy high picks, but 3. 
Put it this way, if I buy a house for 500,000 and sell some other possessions for 200,000 the cost of the house doesn’t magically drop to 300,000. It’s still a 500,000 expense. 

So are we going to argue ifs and buts and draft position now as a major risk  now.. Then team should make no moves because the fantasy what they could have done is the reason to never do anything and stay stagnant...okay

• Pie 1

Just now, WOW!! said:

So are we going to argue ifs and buts and draft position now as a major risk  now.. Then team should make no moves because the fantasy what they could have done is the reason to never do anything and stay stagnant...okay

Nope, the argument is the team should not make dumb moves and preferably not consecutively.

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

WOW clearly has been drinking tonight 

Again you said getting 6 out of 7 players contributing in a draft is a bad move... And I'm drunk?? Lol

How are you still posting and still not answering the question I asked you..

Still waiting 

Just now, firefox1234 said:

Nope, the argument is the team should not make dumb moves and preferably not consecutively.

By your reasoning any move not giving great results is a dumb move.... There is no reason to ever make a move with any risk in it.. You must be perfect and run the most boring business in history..

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

No I’m just saying just because we acquired more picks at a later time doesn’t mean Darnold cost less to acquire. It’s more of finance/economic thinking. I loved Fitts jumping around and being active in the draft. 

• Poo 1

Just now, WOW!! said:

By your reasoning any move not giving great results is a dumb move.... There is no reason to ever make a move with any risk in it.. You must be perfect and run the most boring business in history..

Trading for Sam for what we gave was dumb.

There’s years of tape showing who he is. 

I don’t mind making moves just not these dumb moves.

• Pie 2

Just now, firefox1234 said:

Trading for Sam for what we gave was dumb.

There’s years of tape showing who he is. 

I don’t mind making moves just not these dumb moves.

Your opinion...

3 weeks ago you weren't posting how dumb a move it was... 

I love how ppl come in halfway thru (still not even done with the process) and call a move dumb after the fact...

Facts are 

Young  top 5 talented player by most Scouts opinion was a available for low compensation... 

Qb going to a different team and having success isn't a weird or outbound theory and has worked in the past for lesser talented players...

The team tried other options it didn't worked out.. They took a swing for bigger rewards with low risk.. In the position they were put in it wasn't a bad 4th option by most analysts opinion..

10 games left we are still in the experimental phase.. Its still to early.. 7 games into a 17 games season is to early to make a final judgment...

• Pie 1