• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Florio confirms: It's currently down to the Dolphins and Panthers for Deshaun Watson

TheSpecialJuan

1 minute ago, Fox007 said:

It's what it sounds like...them being in the AFC is a huge thing here too though. I think Watson is the one who really wants Miami but the Texans would be idiots to keep him in the AFC...HOU not ever known to be smart though.

That's my guess. Watson wants Miami but Houston don't want him going there (and I don't blame them). 

25 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

"Look how many plays we showed where it's 4 defenders around people"

a lof of them stems from Darnold not being able to handle progressions and reads quickly.  And the windows come and go on the routes.   He largely is a one read QB who implodes after that.  And even when throws are there he has always had a hestiation about pulling the trigger when it should be pulled.  He is late with it.  Leads to bad throws and better coverage finding guys. 

• Pie 1

Just now, frankw said:

I think we all can agree Joe Brady is in over his head and on the outside looking in. But as a fourth year pro you can't make that throw with four or five defenders around and expect to keep your job.

Darnold is going to be the starter simply based on our QB room. It's a sad QB room that needs dramatic improvement.

Who knows if Brady will be here next year based on any of the main reasons being him going to be a HC or less probably the Panthers move on. A lot of poo works in college when the WR is so much better he has 5 yards of separation regardless of if they knew they play or not. Still too early to tell if Brady is actually a scrub but it's not looking good.

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

a lof of them stems from Darnold not being able to handle progressions and reads quickly.  And the windows come and go on the routes.   He largely is a one read QB who implodes after that.  And even when throws are there he has always has a hestiation about pulling the trigger when it should be pulled.  He is late with it.  Leads to bad throws and better coverage finding guys. 

Nope. like they showed its even when the plays work or are on time. Oh you'd have to see it live its not on that video there.

Edited by Fox007

2 minutes ago, PantherFanInPhilly said:

That's my guess. Watson wants Miami but Houston don't want him going there (and I don't blame them). 

reports have always been Miami is the only team he gave the greenlight on.  He said no to Philly.  We proabably are just chump leverage and just being used to manipulate the Miami deal.

Hope that is the case. 

3 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Yeah sounds like he would turn trade down to come here.

I'm not sure he would turn a trade down, he wants out.  He wants to be able to pick his team, and he has the right to but also Texans have the right to accept a trade deal so really, Texans still hold the leverage, they can just tell Miami no, we don't want him playing in the conference and then if he wants out bad enough he will have to take what is available

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

a lof of them stems from Darnold not being able to handle progressions and reads quickly.  And the windows come and go on the routes.   He largely is a one read QB who implodes after that.  And even when throws are there he has always has a hestiation about pulling the trigger when it should be pulled.  He is late with it.  Leads to bad throws and better coverage finding guys. 

Oh also I'm not saying that darnold isn't late or the timing is fuged based on a number of reasons but they are all over us in all situations really.