• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Florio confirms: It's currently down to the Dolphins and Panthers for Deshaun Watson

TheSpecialJuan

Just now, TheCasillas said:

Im getting a weird vibe that IF we are in on this deal with the Texans and the includes are too. Then one of our players is going to the Eagles and they are sending a first to the Texans. Their weakness is linebackers and now running back..... 

Well I doubt they want our LBers... And would they give us a 1st for an injured CMC?

I think it'll be someone for one of their non first rounders we are trying to send.  Maybe somebody for their 2nd or 3rd that we will send along. 

2 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Well I doubt they want our LBers... And would they give us a 1st for an injured CMC?

I think it'll be someone for one of their non first rounders we are trying to send.  Maybe somebody for their 2nd or 3rd that we will send along. 

Shaq may not be respected on this message board, but he is respected by the league. He could fetch a 2nd round pick easily from a team who needs a spark of leadership on their defense. 

Yes to CMC. Easily.

Edited by TheCasillas

18 minutes ago, Verge said:

My guy doesn't believe it is three 1sts, though admittedly it is hard for him to know exact details beyond what he is hearing as a third party.

Thinks the Eagles are involved in a weird package deal (not for Watson), but nothing beyond that. 

So he still thinks Dolphins or Panthers? Who does he think is number one on list? 

Just now, TheCasillas said:

Shaq may not be respected on this message board, but he is respected by the league. He could fetch a 2nd round pick easily from a team who needs a spark of leadership on their defense. 

I respect him... But was thinking first round level. True maybe he is there for a 2nd but oof. That would be rough, his presence is sorely missed.

Just now, mav1234 said:

They may think the height of his value will be now, when teams are desperate, the QB class isn't shaping up great, his legal troubles are in a lul, and he hasn't missed a full season.

Yea but that doesn't explain why before the deadline. If teams are bidding against each other and they keep bringing it back and forth it'd make sense to me to go to the deadline.

I am not arguing with anyone here I'm legitimately not sure why it would benefit HOU to do it now.

Just now, Fox007 said:

Yea but that doesn't explain why before the deadline. If teams are bidding against each other and they keep bringing it back and forth it'd make sense to me to go to the deadline.

I am not arguing with anyone here I'm legitimately not sure why it would benefit HOU to do it now.

Ahh. It may be the other team pushing to get him this week so he gets a full week of practice next.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Fox007 said:

I'd assume this is the highest his value could possibly be. Teams who are desperate for a QB and want to win this season are willing to give more. Trades in season are always out of desperation from one side or the other.

Also, they probably just want to wash their hands of the drama