• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Brady

OldhamA

18 minutes ago, Varking said:

When Sam Darnold has time to throw he makes the wrong reads. Roll him out and he will make the wrong read. His career actually supports this. We took a guy who sucked his entire career and brought him here hoping to fix him. We can't. Fix the QB position and everything else opens up. 

I don't think its that simple. When DB's are running the routes of the WR's 85% of the time, no QB is gonna be successful with that. Schematically Brady has been figured out. Has been since the Dallas game. At a minimum, he should be consulting with someone to give him a different set of eyes. He has no tempo with his playcalling, and he's extremely predictable with his calls situationally. The only thing that has made him look OK at times is having CMC when he's been available. The offense cannot lean on one player to be available in order to be functional.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Joe Brady is just as incompetent as the QBs have been, IDGAF if Darnold is replaced, I have no attachment to the guy. Joe Brady needs to be replaced as well. He is not a NFL level OC.

Yeah that's typically what you look like when you don't have any NFL level QBs on your roster lol

3 minutes ago, Varking said:

Yeah that's typically what you look like when you don't have any NFL level QBs on your roster lol

Well when he handpicked his first guy I dont have any sympathy for him. He had a chance to make it work or GTFO. The time has come. 

17 rushes in the game, 7 on the only drive that led to points, but yet people are still here defending him. It is so obvious that the guy has no idea what he is doing at this point. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, PootieNunu said:

Well when he handpicked his first guy I dont have any sympathy for him. He had a chance to make it work or GTFO. The time has come. 

17 rushes in the game, 7 on the only drive that led to points, but yet people are still here defending him. It is so obvious that the guy has no idea what he is doing at this point. 

We haven't passed over 190 in any of the last 3 games. Let that sink in. With all the talent we got, that is absolutely unacceptable. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, PootieNunu said:

There's no need to have sympathy lol. Is he the one that sent Teddy packing to GTFO? I am sure he would have worked with him this season if he was still here. You guys are so dramatic at times. 

1 minute ago, roaddog96 said:

We haven't passed over 190 in any of the last 3 games. Let that sink in. With all the talent we got, that is absolutely unacceptable. 

Because the guy who throws the ball is missing people and putting the ball in bad places. Sam Darnold is not it. 

29 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

Just like folks need to let go of Fields, there’s some of you who needs to let go of Darnold. A good few of you were wrong about Darnold, and need to come to grips with that. 

The coaching staff is terrible, but Darnold is bad. He’s really bad, and after this stop, he will be lucky to remain in the league. He’s definitely not a starting QB

I said during the offseason Darnold should have the chance he has gotten. Darnold has blown it too, even with the team not doing him any favors with his Oline.

13 minutes ago, roaddog96 said:

What talent do we have? Our talent is being seriously overplayed, we have DJ and a bunch of nothing on offense. Rubby drops 50% or more of balls thrown his way and the rest of the guys are JAGs at this point. 

Edited by PootieNunu

7 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

What talent do we have? Our talent is being seriously overplayed, we have DJ and a bunch of nothing on offense. Rubby drops 50% or more of balls thrown his way and the rest of the guys are JAGs at this point. 

We have talent...we are not utilizing it properly nor are they motivated. Everyone has struggled, and I think that the WR's have no confidence in what we have at QB so they are just going through the motions. I think that they've probably voiced their concerns (Robby especially) at the lack of route combos. Drops were never a problem till Sam got here and honestly its been over the last 2 weeks specifically, which is when Darnold has wet the bed the last few games. 

• Beer 1

34 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Joe Brady is just as incompetent as the QBs have been, IDGAF if Darnold is replaced, I have no attachment to the guy. Joe Brady needs to be replaced as well. He is not a NFL level OC.

No excuse for abandoning the run in the 2nd quarter during a 2 point game when ur Defense was playing well   

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, roaddog96 said:

We have talent...we are not utilizing it properly nor are they motivated. Everyone has struggled, and I think that the WR's have no confidence in what we have at QB so they are just going through the motions. I think that they've probably voiced their concerns (Robby especially) at the lack of route combos. Drops were never a problem till Sam got here and honestly its been over the last 2 weeks specifically, which is when Darnold has wet the bed the last few games. 

We dont have offensive talent.

OL, We have one viable starter in Moton.

WR:

DJ Moore (Great)

Robby (Decent)

Shi Smith (Rookie)

Ericson (ST guy)

TE:

Tremble (Rookie)

Ian Thomas (average) Most people wanted him cut.

RB

Chuba (Rookie)

Freeman (castoff)

Abdullah (ST guy)

Again I say what talent? We have a bunch of guys that need to be developed.

• Beer 3

14 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

We dont have offensive talent.

OL, We have one viable starter in Moton.

WR:

DJ Moore (Great)

Robby (Decent)

Shi Smith (Rookie)

Ericson (ST guy)

TE:

Tremble (Rookie)

Ian Thomas (average) Most people wanted him cut.

RB

Chuba (Rookie)

Freeman (castoff)

Abdullah (ST guy)

Again I say what talent? We have a bunch of guys that need to be developed.

If we were devoid of talent, no one would be this upset. There have been moments for all of the players you listed (except Robbie). The talent we put on the field was miles better than what the Giants put out, and yet they scored and moved the ball. We had better talent than when what we went up against playing Philly. Both teams bottom of the barrel on D.  Both lines this year is just as bad as ours. Weapons not as good as what we have.The gameplan to utilize the pieces we had has been terrible the past 3 weeks.

Edited by roaddog96

4 hours ago, PootieNunu said:

That is Ron Rivera mentality. No part of Brady's game plan schemes around our strengths and weaknesses. He calls great plays if we were in college and our guys could win 1 on 1 every play. 

Been coming here for 15 years, and every year just about, its the same thing.  Some people blame the coaching staff, the coordinators, and the head coach.  Some blame the GM.  Some blame the qb, or the offensive line, or the receivers, or the dline, or the secondary etc...   

Here is the truth though.  The GM and Head coach have to get the right players and assistants.  Designing the right plays is important.  Then the players have to learn them, work hard and execute.  None of those things is happening right now.  Singling out one part of the organization is an exercise in futility.  

No, we didn't call good plays much of the time.  There were some that just looked dysfunctional.  When we did call good plays, the players didn't execute.  On the interception, Sam threw the ball into a well defended area, when he had someone wide open underneath.   That is on him, not the OC or the head coach.  Unless you that he was told to throw it there regardless.   And when he did throw the ball fairly well, our receivers looked like they had butter hands.