• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

John Fox's philosophy leads to the need for come from behind victories

HGG

Good thing Jake has had a knack for it...too bad we didn't get the ball last in the Super Bowl (which matters more).

If the Panthers have had the ability to come from behind, which in many cases means waking up offensively, then they had the ability to be playing that way the entire game...

...but they don't, primarily because Fox doesn't mind "getting lucky breaks" as long as he gets a win.

Thus, my frustration with John Fox.

If your team played the entire game like they did during the comebacks, they'd have never been in that position to begin with.

Panthers score a TD...relax.

Other team scores...Panthers wake back up.

Panthers get a field goal...Panthers go back to sleep.

Other team scores a TD...Panthers try to wake up, but go three and out.

Other team gets a field goal...score stays were it is for most of the game.

Panthers score a TD...defense has to try to hold. They do.

Panthers get a field goal.

Jake gets a "come from behind victory."

Play it close. Hope you get a break in the end...that's John Fox's philosophy.

Try to blow a freaking team out and stop relaxing each time you get a "SMALL" freaking lead.

When I see threads like this, I wonder if our fanbase is just insane. Or perhaps they don't watch any games besides ours. This is the NFL, not college. You don't come out and blow teams away 42-0. Every opponent is tough, and you are sometimes behind in the 4th qtr.

Guys like Elway, Staubach, and Montana were the come from behind kings. I guess the only reason they had to do these things is because their coach sucked.

I wish fans like this would go find another team.

Just like some of us wish fans that think its too cold to go to the game would find another team.

Or the fans who don't cheer at the game, or stand up.

Or the fans who tell other fans they are too loud at the game, or want them to sit down.

There are way worse infractions than simply disliking the head coach.

When I see threads like this, I wonder if our fanbase is just insane. Or perhaps they don't watch any games besides ours. This is the NFL, not college. You don't come out and blow teams away 42-0. Every opponent is tough, and you are sometimes behind in the 4th qtr.

Guys like Elway, Staubach, and Montana were the come from behind kings. I guess the only reason they had to do these things is because their coach sucked.

You're the one who's insane. It's clear by the fact that you jumped to the "EXTREMES" with your 42-0 comment, as if anyone expects that, ever. Didn't even expect 34-0 against the Chiefs earlier this season.

NO LEAD IS SAFE, but some are safer than others. If John Fox could win every game by a 7-3 score, he'd be satisfied with it, even though that type of game will clearly come down to a few INCHES here or there, which is a 50/50 style of play...AT BEST. Anything goes wrong, and you'll probably lose.

No lead is safe, but at least try to make the other team have to SCORE TWICE to beat you, instead of barely squeaking by. His philosophy IS TO SQUEAK BY.

That's my problem with him. If those "come from behind kings" coaches WERE PERFECTLY FINE WITH EVERY GAME BEING A SQUEAKER like Fox clearly is, then yes, they sucked.

Just like some of us wish fans that think its too cold to go to the game would find another team.

Or the fans who don't cheer at the game, or stand up.

Or the fans who tell other fans they are too loud at the game, or want them to sit down.

There are way worse infractions than simply disliking the head coach.

I don't care who you do or don't like as long as you have a passing knowledge of football and a logical reason for your hatred.

****ing idiots.

No coach in the NFL is going to coach a team to play relaxed with a 7 point lead.

Did I say that he "COACHED THE TEAM" to play relaxed with a 7 point lead, idiot?

No, I said that his COACHING PHILOSOPHY is to squeak by...control the ball, run it well, don't score too many points, keep it close enough to win late. Ball control and field goals.

His is a GAME OF INCHES. In those types of games, too much is left to LUCK AND CHANCE. His style is not ASSERTIVE. He's taking what you can get.

His philosophy is the umbrella under which the team operates, which is why they RELAX WITH ANY LITTLE LEAD THAT THEY GET.

He doesn't have to "COACH THEM TO DO THAT," but his personality guarantees it...idiot.

I wish fans like this would go find another team.

Yeah. Winning sucks.

Based on his philosophy, his wins involve LUCK as much as they do skill or preparation. Lucky that the other team screws up and stops themselves, as many of the Panthers opponents have done this year. If Green Bay had gone for that touchdown on 4th down last week, even if they didn't get it, the Panthers would have had to go 99 yards to score, which would have negated that great kickoff return...WE WERE LUCKY THAT THEY CHOSE THE FIELD GOAL. That provided the opportunity for two big plays, but we were LUCKY they chose the field goal, otherwise, you all would be trying to run Fox out of town this week.

If being a "FAN" means just cheering and shutting up, then don't call me one. I call it like it is. John Fox's philosophy guarantees that if you are going to have any success, much of it is going to have to involve COME FROM BEHIND victories.

Archived