• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Vikings at Panthers Gameday Thread

Zod

Just now, ImaginaryKev said:

What would make this place meltdown worse

Sam continuing to be bad

Or PJ coming in and looking much better

God, it’s the PJ dude from the preseason with a different account.

I hope they bench Darnold and put James Morgan in just for you.

Just now, OldhamA said:

Well considering Anderson has dropped three passes he's certainly contributed to that number. 

The Oline gets obliterated all week, but apparently isn't at fault when it comes to the Game Thread and an opportunity to pile on the non-Newton/Fields QB.

Huddle gonna Huddle. 

Both the o line and Robby, in this thread, have been criticized considerably. Sam is the one getting compared to Pat Mahomes missing his starting tackles in the Super Bowl

Just now, Pantherxtreme said:

Teddy Bridgewater made their offense look somewhat competent last season and then they threw him under the bus. 

And now we get to watch Phil Snow and this defense get squandered by a Pickles (esque) looking offense. 

NGL, I was all over Teddy last season.  He i said he sucked.  Then when he said we didn't practice certain thing and Brady had stuff to work on, I thought it was just sour grapes.  

But then seeing this offense did worse with a different QB, while Teddy was putting up MVP-type numbers the first few weeks of the season - we know where the blame lies.  

Darnold and Brady have to go.  Yesterday.

2 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

It’s everyone’s fault.

-Incompetent coordinator

-Shallow game plan

-Sh!tty OL

-WRs dropping passes

-QB scared of his shadow

This level of suck is a group effort

I see what Jets fans mean when they say Sam saw ghosts there. 

a) folks may not be thrilled with Joe Brady, but it's on the players to execute. I am equally capable of not catching a ball, not running through the line, and not blocking as what we've seen today on a number of plays.*

b) Robbie shoulda caught at least 75% of those targets at him

c) our OL mostly stinks. But Darnold needs to make his reads/throws faster too. When **I'm** able to see where his targets are while sitting on the sofa, I can only imagine how easy it is for the defenses.

d) FOX color commentary sucks today. If you're going to use a term like PBU, at least try to define it for the casual viewer so they'll know what you're talking about. Guarantee it's not a commonly used phrase at most local sports bars

e) Tepper is getting angrier. I'm guessing we're not going to like him when he's angry. On the other hand, I *want* an owner who's passionate about the team. There was a lot of early talk about how Tepper wasn't going to be involved much since he has, you know, businesses to run - but he's proven over and over to be 100% in on his ownership and encouragement of trying to get us the tools/people we need to lift the Lombardi.  (below: live video of Tepper after FOX cut away from that shot)
the hulk GIF

*"not" is an understatement of my abilities.  "Nowhere close to capable vs practically anybody else" is probably more accurate. But the end result of the play would probably be the same