• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Accountability needs to be dealt mercilessly

TheoJay10

This is not a reactionary thread specific to this game.

These issues have been apparent in every game. Let’s cut to the chase first then break it down little by little. We were NOT supposed to be a playoff team this year. Scott Fitterer made some moves to try to change this but alas nothing could mask the real issues. 

1. Matt Rhule- He is not fooling any of these coaches. The second half adjustments to his staff is putrid. The only game there is an aberration and honestly the consensus might have been right. They were missing a decent amount of players and most of their coaching staff. The things we got on Rivera for made him who he was and because of it we lost a lot of badly coached games. Rhule has done the same over the past 2 years.

2. Joe Brady- I honestly think we have a doppelgänger. This is not the same guy from LSU. It can’t be. Unless Burrow and the talent at WR was the reason the offense was so prolific. This guy calling plays for us is border line spitting image of Mike Shula. I do not understand any play he has called. The WR aren’t getting separation. Darnold rarely has time to throw and has declined with processing his progressions properly. 

3. ENTIRE OL- Moving Moton to LT worried me not because Christensen was making his first start at RT but because playing LT is about being fluid and trusting the guy next to you. Dennis Daley was abysmal today. Hargrave easily got past him so many times with the same move but yet the line or Brady did not notice this or adjust anything side. He thought helping on the outside would suffice. 

4. Sam Darnold- He is not confident. CMC helped him feel a little better but he is tarnished goods. He is a capable QB that has lost his mojo once being in that place of desolation some call the Jets organization. He has thrown some of the worst interceptions I have seen the past 2 games. He is not aware of what he is doing because he is constantly worried about pressure. We did NOTHING to ease him out of this by bringing him here and fixing the line. He is the equivalent of a person that just left a relationship that was riddle with domestic abuse just to move to another state and find his way back into another one. I can’t fully blame him but mental health can only be helped if admitting the issue needs support. 

We are a team that is confusing to some until they realize we can be beat if pressured in the middle, sitting back in soft zone and not letting anyone get free release on routes. We can run all we want waste time and then once they get some momentum change the game plan and we are the ones that cannot adjust to counter. Our defense looks amazing in every first half. In the second they fall apart because we are feast or famine and depend solely on speed. This hurts us in so many ways. We DO NOT have an offense to match that. We also cannot expect them to retain energy for that long when TOP is never in our favor in the second half. This team is coached by a bunch of college coaches trying to figure things out but showing their hand to seasoned vets. They are allowed to get fancy show everything in the first half then the opposing team adjusts, next thing you know we are seemingly lost to understand what just happened and expect the guys to execute without proper gameplan adjustments. 

I could use fancy stats, specific scenarios and try to further prove my point but I chose to use gut opinion because sometimes a woman’s intuition is just right and you can’t help but just accept it. 

• Pie 2