• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

As if the Irish don't hate the French enough

pstall

I bet the frogs at FIFA would have taken all of a millisecond to grant a replay in that instance.

2006 World Cup final. Malouda went down after a tackle from Buffon, no penalty.

Have they ever done a replay in the past?

Uzbekistan-Bahrain, Sept 3 2005.

2006 World Cup final. Malouda went down after a tackle from Buffon, no penalty.

that's a little more subjective than this hand ball, isn't it?

Why does Ireland hate France to begin with....besides this latest malfeasance?

they don't really...France has been about the only country other than the US that has supported Irish independence in the past.

that's a little more subjective than this hand ball, isn't it?

Not really, both can decide a game.

By replaying the match you set forth a dangerous precedent. Arsenal will be on the phone right away demanding their loss to Man Utd this season be replayed on the grounds that Rooney cheated to win a penalty, Arshavin was fouled in the box by Fletcher and it wasn't given, and that Fletcher handled the ball in the box and it wasn't given.

Did Ireland get screwed? God yes. But if we replayed a match everytime Cristiano Ronaldo screwed a team we'd never finish a season.

By replaying the match you set forth a dangerous precedent.

Well, I'm not for a replay anyway...I'd much rather see the game "restarted". Same guys on the pitch, same situation. Play it out as if the hand ball had been whistled. I realize the French still might win if the game went to penalty kicks, but at least they'd be earning it.

Arsenal will be on the phone right away demanding their loss to Man Utd this season be replayed on the grounds that Rooney cheated to win a penalty, Arshavin was fouled in the box by Fletcher and it wasn't given, and that Fletcher handled the ball in the box and it wasn't given.

Sounds like you're making a good case for some sort of instant review policy. When a game is as important as getting into the World Cup, or winning a league trophy...then, they have a duty to get it right. Soccer purists of course won't like it, because it stops the clock....but I'd sooner see the right call made.

Did Ireland get screwed? God yes. But if we replayed a match everytime Cristiano Ronaldo screwed a team we'd never finish a season.

:D

Archived