• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

As if the Irish don't hate the French enough

pstall

It's gotten so bad my Irish friends have said they'll root for Ol Blighty if they play France in the WC.

Really.

Wow. Maybe that 2012 stuff is true then.

I made the mistake a few years ago confusing accents at this English pub with someone from Wales and was almost fighting 3 hooligans over it.

so I finally saw the video last night as the clip here didn't work for me...I've been a soccer fan for many many years...Holland will finally win a World Cup this time around...mark it....but damn, that was one of the most blatant hand balls in the box I have seen in a long time!!!

Just awful officiating. At least Henry admitted it after the game.

If he were any kind of a person he would have informed the ref immediately...as it is, he's a fuging cheater.

Wow, that's might big of him! An admitted cheater being so magnanimous...what a guy!

fug Thierry Henry...fug him up his cheating ass. You won on false pretenses...and your fuging coach said he has no problem with the win. You're a fuging scumbag, too.

There's nothing fair about a replay...why should the French get a full 90 minutes to win the game? Resume it where it ended with the Irish keeper in possession of the ball. Ireland played their ass off and got screwed for it. We beat the French once in a blue moon and this game was flat out stolen.

France were denied a clear penalty as well. Had Ireland won, I'm not sure people would've backed a French appeal for a replay.

Looking back, if you want to be honest, Ireland can only blame one another. Duff should've beaten Lloris far post but he shot it straight at him. Keane got by Lloris and touched the ball too far. They had numerous chances to finish off an, honestly, impotent French team, and didn't take them.

France were denied a clear penalty as well. Had Ireland won, I'm not sure people would've backed a French appeal for a replay.

I bet the frogs at FIFA would have taken all of a millisecond to grant a replay in that instance.

Looking back, if you want to be honest, Ireland can only blame one another. Duff should've beaten Lloris far post but he shot it straight at him. Keane got by Lloris and touched the ball too far. They had numerous chances to finish off an, honestly, impotent French team, and didn't take them.

Missed opportunities happen in all sports but that doesn't mean it equalizes to being cheated out of a win.

Archived