• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Remaining Cap Space (Top 12)

CarolinaLivin

And this is with the most dead cap by a lot, of which most will be coming off the books in the next 1-2 years. We're 3-1 and looking good with an active payroll significantly less than every other good team. The infusion of young talent on this team in the last 2 years is frankly hard to believe.

• Pie 3

3 minutes ago, t96 said:

And this is with the most dead cap by a lot, of which most will be coming off the books in the next 1-2 years. We're 3-1 and looking good with an active payroll significantly less than every other good team. The infusion of young talent on this team in the last 2 years is frankly hard to believe.

I stand corrected as I just checked to make sure of my numbers, we are technically 3rd in dead cap behind Detroit and Philly, but still $8M more than the 4th highest.

Our active cap spending is $125M, which is by far the lowest. Next lowest is Detroit at $135M. We're spending $10M less on our players contributing this year than Detroit who is arguably the worst team in the league. And we're in the playoff mix. That's just crazy to me. The Bucs are spending $50M more on their players than us, that is 40% more. Are they 40% better than us? I'd say no way. Give us $50M to spend on the OL and we're a legit SB contender.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, t96 said:

I stand corrected as I just checked to make sure of my numbers, we are technically 3rd in dead cap behind Detroit and Philly, but still $8M more than the 4th highest.

Our active cap spending is $125M, which is by far the lowest. Next lowest is Detroit at $135M. We're spending $10M less on our players contributing this year than Detroit who is arguably the worst team in the league. And we're in the playoff mix. That's just crazy to me. The Bucs are spending $50M more on their players than us, that is 40% more. Are they 40% better than us? I'd say no way. Give us $50M to spend on the OL and we're a legit SB contender.

Deserves its own thread if you ask me

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, CarolinaLivin said:

1. Jaguars $29.42M

2. Eagles $15.86M

3. Broncos $15.08M

4. Panthers $12.80M

5. WFT $12.22M

6. Chargers $11.33M

7. Seahawks $10.88M

8. Bengals $10.81M

9. Browns $10.57M

10. Steelers $10.50

11. Texans $8.11M

12. Titans $6.80M

That's about to change with Hurndog in charge. 

9 minutes ago, t96 said:

We have the 3rd most dead cap, and alot more than most teams.  The Lions have $10M more than us!  The Eagles have slightly more.

image.thumb.png.85ebfa049c0b097b09ff78ddc7a70b0b.png

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

Edited by Wes21

5 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

We have the 3rd most dead cap, and alot more than most teams.  The Lions have $10M more than us!  The Eagles have slightly more.

image.thumb.png.85ebfa049c0b097b09ff78ddc7a70b0b.png

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

Yeah I double checked it myself before you did, see above post. There was a point in the offseason where we were by far the most dead cap space this year but Philly and Detroit have since added to their dead cap apparently. Regardless we are by far the lowest in active cap spending

Edited by t96