• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Cowboys offensive line committed zero penalties

Eazy-E

Don’t know if this is just human nature or not but the refs definitely impact the outcome in some of these games.  Bad spots, crucial calls at big time moments and flat out ignoring holds all impact the game.  Once we got down 3 scores I noticed the flags on Dallas started being thrown.  This part is infuriating as the refs are clearly trying to make the final numbers closer now the game isn’t in doubt.

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Don’t know if this is just human nature or not but the refs definitely impact the outcome in some of these games.  Bad spots, crucial calls at big time moments and flat out ignoring holds all impact the game.  Once we got down 3 scores I noticed the flags on Dallas started being thrown.  This part is infuriating as the refs are clearly trying to make the final numbers closer now the game isn’t in doubt.

Gotta cover the spread. 

5 hours ago, Eazy-E said:

We have the wealthiest owner in the league. Tepper and Rhule need to put these bum ass officials on blast. fug the fines. 

I don't want another case of Rivera never defending Cam when he was getting blasted in the head every game and Rivera would some how make it seem like it was Cam's fault. 

Someone needs to grow a pair and tell these zebra's to pull their heads out of their asses and get their eyes checks, or better yet, read the fuging rule book.

Only issue is other refs get but hurt and start throwing games. We already saw this with cam, dude couldn’t get a roughing the passer called on him ever and he was a NFL MVP

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

The random thought is that this game was close even after the fact that Dallas had the Refs on their side.

Just the fumble, thats 6  pts Dallas doesn't get and whatever points we might have scored from the Dallas 43.  We would have beat them down in the first half, just as we did everyone else.  Zebras gotta zebra.

One thing that kind of annoyed me was that our offensive line didn’t even attempt to try and play dirty like Dallas did. I don’t know if it’s an indictment of just how bad our line is or what, but at some point you’d think one of our guys would have seen all the holds they were getting away with and thought hmm, maybe we should try that and see what happens.

If you get hit with a holding call fine, you see how the refs are going to call it but I don’t think we got called for a holding until the third quarter and our guys were getting abused all game.

I mean ffs, I recall one play where Tyron Smith literally lifted Reddick off his feet from under his shoulder pads.

We need at least one guy on this line with some sort of nasty steak to him.

6 minutes ago, Pantherxtreme said:

The calls that are "non-reviewable" is where the magic gets made. 

Refs call it that way one the field when they know it’s a blatant missed call so the opposition literally can’t do anything about it.

It’s such a dogshit rule.

It is the main reason why the NFL got rid of being able to review pass interference calls after trying it for one season. The refs never overturned anything and it was a total disaster. Instead of the NFL acknowledging the glaring issue, the turned a blind eye and waited for everyone to forget about it. They realized it was one less way for them to influence the flow/outcome of games.

2 hours ago, LegioX said:

What about the hit below the knees against Darnold? If that was golden boy Tom Brady every flag in stadium would have been thrown.

image.thumb.jpeg.f1df47d63b4115a0939f4cb480a87491.jpeg

I noticed this live. To make it even worse, the second defender launched himself at Sam's legs after the ball was thrown.

• Beer 1

I get the frustration but ultimately we lost to a better opponent. All this talk of bad calls or missed calls makes us sound like Saints fans grasping for excuses. The refs didn't assemble this struggling offensive line. That's all on us. But Rhule has to figure it out. We leaned heavily on our defense the first three games now we have to get this offense going. And tho the line isn't where we need it to be Sam still has to connect on those deep passes or teams will keep teeing off on him 🤷‍♂️

• Pie 2
  • Poo 2

8 minutes ago, frankw said:

I get the frustration but ultimately we lost to a better opponent. All this talk of bad calls or missed calls makes us sound like Saints fans grasping for excuses. The refs didn't assemble this struggling offensive line. That's all on us. But Rhule has to figure it out. We leaned heavily on our defense the first three games now we have to get this offense going. And tho the line isn't where we need it to be Sam still has to connect on those deep passes or teams will keep teeing off on him 🤷‍♂️

The objective reality of terrible officiating can be discussed without it automatically being assumed that that is the only reason Carolina lost. I think it's quite fair to say, however, that some of the missed/incorrect calls did have notable impact on the game, that said impacts more than once benefitted Dallas in a manned that did not obstruct their path to victory, and that balance would have made Carolina's potential path to victory less obstructed.

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

If it was one or two calls I'd chalk it up to human error. But it wasn't. It was egregious. I think these teams are more evenly matched than the way it played out. But what do you do when you know you aren't going to get a single call? Plays need to be able to be reviewed. 

And the biggest thing is refs need to be held accountable. You can't keep saying oops we made a mistake. Fix it. With a camera on every phone, and the technology to see what's in the back of my truck from outer space, I think we can tell if a football was moving for a fumble or if a defender really interfered with a pass.

But who knows. Maybe Sam isn't old enough to get that call either. 

• Pie 4