• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Some insights on the CJ Henderson trade…

*FreeFua*

57 minutes ago, Clicheking said:

Hadn't heard that story. Started researching it a little bit, seems like it was done as way to embarrass him??

"In another unusual development, the Jaguars had Henderson ride a stationary bike in front of his teammates in the back of the end zone. Usually, when a player rides a stationary bike during practice, they are off to the side and a reasonable distance from the practice action."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.jacksonville.com/amp/5536689001

Yeah that's just fuggin weird. Definitely sounds like they were trying to make Henderson an example for something. That's not professional at all. Urban Meyer is a fuggin joke.

• Pie 1

Just now, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

Lol, speaking of Urban Meyer. He may not be married much longer. Dude was trending on Twitter all night lmao. 

Lol Imagine seeing your coach after a loss at a bar being grinded on by some random woman instead of looking over film trying to get your team better.

• Pie 1

19 hours ago, Tbe said:

Makes me wonder if they would have gone QB or OL in the first if they got him.

QB no. We never had any intention of drafting a QB at 8. None. That's why we tried to get Stafford and then we got Darnold. Once we got Darnold he was going to be our QB this season and that is perfectly clear to me. They never had a QB on their board in the first that I've seen nor heard about. Maybe an OL but I doubt it. I believe we would have drafted Horn and we would have them both just as we do now. Having 2 big, man coverage corners is what this defense is built for. I can't wait to see what we look like with 2 shutdown corners on the field at the same time. Horn was already showing that he is and I believe this staff will have Henderson doing the same sooner rather than later.  

Edited by Panthers Rhule

12 hours ago, L-TownCat said:

Have you seen DJ in run support this year?  Dude is ballin’ outta control.

Only cause it's a contract year. Dude wants to be able to do thisscrooge mcduck 80s GIF and I can't blame him. That said, thankfully I'm not the one that had to sign him to a new contract and trust he'll keep the effort up when he didn't show the same effort in previous years.

5 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

Or that this is a completely new defensive scheme and it fits him better? Sometimes asking players to do what they're good at makes a huge difference. Just look at Reddick. How many sacks does he have already?

Reddick is a bad choice for your argument since he had over 12 sacks last year. Arizona seemed to wonder if Reddick was a one year wonder and didn't make a good or any effort to resign him. So far he has proven that he is not a one year wonder.

26 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

QB no. We never had any intention of drafting a QB at 8. None. That's why we tried to get Stafford and then we got Darnold. Once we got Darnold he was going to be our QB this season and that is perfectly clear to me. They never had a QB on their board in the first that I've seen nor heard about. Maybe an OL but I doubt it. I believe we would have drafted Horn and we would have them both just as we do now. Having 2 big, man coverage corners is what this defense is built for. I can't wait to see what we look like with 2 shutdown corners on the field at the same time. Horn was already showing that he is and I believe this staff will have Henderson doing the same sooner rather than later.  

Agree on the QB but I do think we'd have taken Sewell had he dropped.

Heck, that was probably true anyway.

11 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Reddick is a bad choice for your argument since he had over 12 sacks last year. Arizona seemed to wonder if Reddick was a one year wonder and didn't make a good or any effort to resign him. So far he has proven that he is not a one year wonder.

Not really because last year they used him in much the same we are now. BEFORE last year he was considered a bust when they weren't playing him to his strengths. Also, this season he has 4.5 sacks after 3 games. 

57 minutes ago, BlackPanther21_ said:

Yeah Meyer will be out in 2 years tops, clearly can´t adjust to the NFL level and clearly not a player-friendly coach.

Meyer reminds me of Jim Harbaugh in that regard, i.e. guy who does better communicating with young kids than professional adults.

Mind you, Harbaugh's been undermining that idea since going to Michigan.