• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Insight on Brady to Tampa, Belichick, Bill O'Brien and more

Mr. Scot

Trust me when I say there's a lot of interesting stuff in this piece.

Revelations from "It's better to be feared"

Mind you, the content is only tangentially Panthers related (lots of talk about Spygate) but based on what I read I'd expect there'll be some Panthers discussion to be found in the book when it comes out.

Included within the article though is some hysterical stuff about Roger Goodell, Eric Mangini and Bill O'Brien plus Tom Brady sounding like he just wants a hug.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, 4Corners said:

Brady over Belicheck ALL DAY and twice on Sunday. Belicheck is a cheater, an asshole, terrible drafter,  and overrated. He bends more rules than the Catholic Church. 

bet old Belicheat would have a different career narrative if it weren’t for TB12. 

This.

And what I don't understand is, if Kraft & Goodell/Belicheat & Goodell are as close as they appear to be, why the hell aren't the other 31 teams ready to burn Goodell at the stake?  Surely there's some other shmuck that can continue making them money hand over fist without the blatantly obvious favoritism.

• Flames 1

8 hours ago, ZeroZeroSeven said:

This.

And what I don't understand is, if Kraft & Goodell/Belicheat & Goodell are as close as they appear to be, why the hell aren't the other 31 teams ready to burn Goodell at the stake?  Surely there's some other shmuck that can continue making them money hand over fist without the blatantly obvious favoritism.

Goodell has no power.  He’s the bullet proof shield in front of the owners.  He takes the punishment.  That’s why they pay him so much.

• Pie 2

39 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

Goodell has no power.  He’s the bullet proof shield in front of the owners.  He takes the punishment.  That’s why they pay him so much.

NFL franchises are pretty decent investments even when the team sucks, I’m not sure how many owners even care about another owner getting a competitive advantage. You can sit on your hands and still make money. 

Maybe that sounds too apathetic but i feels good to say.