• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Looking back at the draft

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, CRA said:

the point being, I am not convinced Rhule will move on quick from Sam if he is simply the same dude he was in NY.   Which while bad wasn’t some Jimmy Clausen type poo.   Jets always had a punchers chance with Darnold. 

And maybe he shouldn't.

Patience has been known to be rewarded from time to time.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

My guess he will want to compete for a starting role.  He will either have to renegotiate his contract here or move on ultimately.  I mean they paid Denver to take Teddy.  I seriously doubt they wouldn't hesitate to do the same for Sam. 

I would hope that is the case but I don't know that for sure. Perhaps Teddy's comments got him a quick trip out just as much as his play.

We will see how it all works out.

9 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I would hope that is the case but I don't know that for sure. Perhaps Teddy's comments got him a quick trip out just as much as his play.

We will see how it all works out.

Teddy's play got him a quick trip out of town.  His comments got his ticket paid for to make it clear to him if he wasn't sure. 

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

There's also the very real possibility that neither Fields nor Darnold pans out.  In that case it has nothing to do with either QB.  It matters how good Horn is in relation to those around him in the draft.

And who said Rhule was taking Fields anyway...this is all because lots of First Take listeners here who just parrot that show. Coulda had Rhule taking Matt Jones for example and if he turns out to be great then those same people wont' be like "man we screwed up we shoudla took Jones". And literally the only reason they won't say that is b/c First Take didn't have Jones up there....